What's the newest addition to your cooking repertoire?

(29 Posts)
GetStuffezd Sat 07-Sep-13 17:45:41

As opposed to your tried and tested favourites?

Mine is tikka skewers. So simple! Chunks of chicken or turkey marinated in a Greek Yoghurt/Tikka paste mix - skewered onto sticks with whatever veg you have (currently courgette, mushroom and onion.)
I also did a little yoghurt, mint and cucumber dip which sets it off nicely and served it with spinach leaves. It was so good I had to stop half way through eating to tell you all grin
What are your new recipes?

moondog Sun 08-Sep-13 18:32:41

I made my own jerk marinade for pork chops t'other day and put them on the bbq.
Fantastic.

LaVitaBellissima Sun 08-Sep-13 18:40:41

Slow cooked rabbit, so delicious and very cheap. Once cooked I remove all the meat and it is enough for 3 family meals.

£2.50 for a lovely prepped skinned wild rabbit, 3.5 hours in the slow cooker just with a little oil and seasoning. I made courgette, asparagus & rabbit risotto (for 4) and made a tomato and rabbit ragu, which I've frozen in 2 portions both enough to serve 4 with pasta!

jimijack Sun 08-Sep-13 18:46:05

Vegetable & lentil soup done in my slow cooker.
Tis easy, nutritious, freezes well so make a huge batch and is gorgeous.

Made a funny lasagne out of leftover spag bol the other day, the plates were scraped clean.

TheSlug Sun 08-Sep-13 18:54:56

Bean enchilada. Chopped onion, softened with whatever veg is in the fridge (celery, peppers, carrots, etc) a tin of baked beans and whatever's in the cupboard so chickpeas/ kidney beans/ cannelini etc. tin of toms. Your favourite flavourings. Dh was telling people for about a week after about the 'mince' enchiladas I'd made...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now