What do you serve with risotto?

(19 Posts)
Capitola Sun 01-Sep-13 20:14:11

Nothing, or perhaps some rocket as I love it.

No way to garlic bread - far too carby.

LIZS Sun 01-Sep-13 20:12:48

Isn't it a meal in its own right ? Maybe with some parmesan or a few rocket or basil leaves on top.

AquaticNocturne Sun 01-Sep-13 20:11:23

DH (who considers himself an expert on Italian gastronomic culture on account of having once had an Italian girlfriend) considers all side servings a satanic aberration.

I, on the other hand, favour roasted vine tomatoes. I like the way the acid cuts through the creaminess.

PinkyCheesy Sat 31-Aug-13 22:18:17

Nice with griddled courgettes

Or roasted butternut squash

Or 1lb of grated Parmesan...grin

WilsonFrickett Thu 29-Aug-13 23:56:26

Nothing. That's why it's the most boring meal in the world ever. <has now completely outed self to friends who have heard this rant a hundred times>

The point is everything is in it. So the first fork tastes like the last. Dullest. Meal. Ever.

MissPlumBroughtALadder Thu 29-Aug-13 16:55:12

Soft-boiled eggs and samphire.

LucyTheValiant Thu 29-Aug-13 16:53:01

I'm liking the sound of the rocket. Green beans sounds good too! I think the garlic bread is his misguided attempt to clear the freezer before we move house. I will stand strong in the knowledge that Mumsnet agrees with me.

We have either just risotto or a rocket salad, or a spinach salad if the risotto hasn't got spinach in (it usually has) or roasted baby tomatoes (but I don't like those).

jojane Thu 29-Aug-13 16:46:51

Roasted butternut squash, rocket, and sometimes I grill chicken on the side if it's not got meat/prawns in it

OldBeanbagz Thu 29-Aug-13 16:43:04

I don't normally serve anything with risotto but rocket salad would probably be good.

Garlic bread is definitaty wrong - why on earth would your DH eat carbs as a side dish to carbs?

Def no to garlic bread though LTB

If its just us nothing, if we have guests just something like green beans

Ledkr Thu 29-Aug-13 16:38:26

To be specific. Rocket with lemon juice and a bit if Parmesan cheese. Yumbo

eurochick Thu 29-Aug-13 16:34:21

Nothing at all. You have things in risotto, not with it.

Timeforabiscuit Thu 29-Aug-13 16:30:56

I second rocket, garlic bread is too carby - what about some asparagus on the side?

Just on its own.

LucyTheValiant Thu 29-Aug-13 16:26:13

Oooh, rocket. That's nice. Our salad has been made of spinach lately. Rocket is tastier.

Ledkr Thu 29-Aug-13 16:17:55

I always have rocket. Quite salady I guess.

LucyTheValiant Thu 29-Aug-13 16:15:35

Just that really. I'm getting bored of salad.

DP wants garlic bread, but I think that's wrong.

What do you have with yours?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now