What do you serve with risotto?

(19 Posts)
LucyTheValiant Thu 29-Aug-13 16:15:35

Just that really. I'm getting bored of salad.

DP wants garlic bread, but I think that's wrong.

What do you have with yours?

Ledkr Thu 29-Aug-13 16:17:55

I always have rocket. Quite salady I guess.

LucyTheValiant Thu 29-Aug-13 16:26:13

Oooh, rocket. That's nice. Our salad has been made of spinach lately. Rocket is tastier.

Just on its own.

Timeforabiscuit Thu 29-Aug-13 16:30:56

I second rocket, garlic bread is too carby - what about some asparagus on the side?

eurochick Thu 29-Aug-13 16:34:21

Nothing at all. You have things in risotto, not with it.

Ledkr Thu 29-Aug-13 16:38:26

To be specific. Rocket with lemon juice and a bit if Parmesan cheese. Yumbo

If its just us nothing, if we have guests just something like green beans

Def no to garlic bread though LTB

OldBeanbagz Thu 29-Aug-13 16:43:04

I don't normally serve anything with risotto but rocket salad would probably be good.

Garlic bread is definitaty wrong - why on earth would your DH eat carbs as a side dish to carbs?

jojane Thu 29-Aug-13 16:46:51

Roasted butternut squash, rocket, and sometimes I grill chicken on the side if it's not got meat/prawns in it

We have either just risotto or a rocket salad, or a spinach salad if the risotto hasn't got spinach in (it usually has) or roasted baby tomatoes (but I don't like those).

LucyTheValiant Thu 29-Aug-13 16:53:01

I'm liking the sound of the rocket. Green beans sounds good too! I think the garlic bread is his misguided attempt to clear the freezer before we move house. I will stand strong in the knowledge that Mumsnet agrees with me.

MissPlumBroughtALadder Thu 29-Aug-13 16:55:12

Soft-boiled eggs and samphire.

WilsonFrickett Thu 29-Aug-13 23:56:26

Nothing. That's why it's the most boring meal in the world ever. <has now completely outed self to friends who have heard this rant a hundred times>

The point is everything is in it. So the first fork tastes like the last. Dullest. Meal. Ever.

PinkyCheesy Sat 31-Aug-13 22:18:17

Nice with griddled courgettes

Or roasted butternut squash

Or 1lb of grated Parmesan...grin

AquaticNocturne Sun 01-Sep-13 20:11:23

DH (who considers himself an expert on Italian gastronomic culture on account of having once had an Italian girlfriend) considers all side servings a satanic aberration.

I, on the other hand, favour roasted vine tomatoes. I like the way the acid cuts through the creaminess.

LIZS Sun 01-Sep-13 20:12:48

Isn't it a meal in its own right ? Maybe with some parmesan or a few rocket or basil leaves on top.

Capitola Sun 01-Sep-13 20:14:11

Nothing, or perhaps some rocket as I love it.

No way to garlic bread - far too carby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now