Homemade lemonade recipe needed

(14 Posts)
DoItTooJulia Mon 26-Aug-13 15:36:50

Wow, thanks all! I made delias recipe and we are loving it!

Ds can make it virtually unaided, so another string to his bow! Loving the 70s recipes!

AndMiffyWentToSleep Mon 26-Aug-13 05:24:22

Ooh adding mint is a great idea, Mousy!

reup Sun 25-Aug-13 22:26:04

Its full if fantastic 70s recipes like moulded cucumber salad and ham and cheese jelly (yum). But I use the Victoria sponge and butter icing recipes so its not all bad.
1 lemon
2 tbsp sugar
6 ice cubes
1 1/4 pints cold water

It recommends using thin skinned lemons

Place lemon sugar and ice in liquidiser and top up to the 1.5 pint level (useful only if you have a 40 year old machine like I do ). Turn to maximum speed for 10 seconds. Strain and serve (they handily suggest ice cubes, lemon slices or parsley!)

DoItTooJulia Sun 25-Aug-13 22:02:14

Oooh, still look it out if you can! I love recipes! And ds is very scientific, so we can can do a proper compare and contrast experiment!

MousyMouse Sun 25-Aug-13 22:01:57

1 tablespoon sugar per half lemon. dissolve in a little hot water. add fresh mint or fresh ginger to taste. leave to cool. for 1 pitcher I squeeze 2 lemons, add to the sugar mixture and fill with cold water or cold sparkly water.

reup Sun 25-Aug-13 21:59:03

Aah youve done ur. I could never wait all night am far too impatient

reup Sun 25-Aug-13 21:57:49

I had a fab one that was in a Kenwood chef booklet. You shove whole washed lemons sugar and water into the liquidiser. Then sieve after. Its really lovely. I'll look it out for you.

DoItTooJulia Sun 25-Aug-13 21:54:54

I caved in and followed Delia.

The lemon-y mixture is steeping ready for finishing tomorrow!

DoItTooJulia Sat 24-Aug-13 18:54:51

I quite like winging it, so maybe that's what I'll do!

AndMiffyWentToSleep Sat 24-Aug-13 18:27:09

Ah I had a great recipe once. Can't remember measurements though - but you zest several lemons and pour boiling water to cover them. Cover with a teatowel and leave overnight. Room will smell lovely in the morning! Then add the juice from the lemons, dilute and sweeten to taste.
Maybe that isn't helpful, though. But it is yummy!

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 24-Aug-13 18:26:27

Good idea smile

DoItTooJulia Sat 24-Aug-13 18:20:45

Thanks for that.

One of the reasons for making it is to show him just how much sugar goes into it!

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 24-Aug-13 18:18:23

I googled earlier in the year and got the Annabel Karmel one but it was just too sweet for us. Might be worth looking at and see what the sugar to lemon ratio is so that you don't make the same mistake.

DoItTooJulia Sat 24-Aug-13 18:07:39

Just that!

I've lost my family recipe and I really wanted to make some with ds1 as we are a bit bored of the usual baking creations we make together!

I have googled and found a couple, the Delia one looks ok, but I would prefer a tried and tested one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now