NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Guests coming. If we BBQ for lunch what shall I feed them for dinner?

(27 Posts)

Trying to avoid too much work. I shall make some interesting salads and we've got a variety of BBQ things to eat. That will take me a couple of hours to prep as I'll make a pud too.
Ordinarily dh and I wouldn't bother with dinner after a big BBQ, we would just feed the kids in the evening and maybe eat some leftovers much later.
So any ideas for a post BBQ dinner? Wondering about making a lasagne the day before and giving that to adults and kids?

BIWI Sun 04-Aug-13 14:44:16

grin

snowlie Sun 04-Aug-13 22:26:28

I'd go for a bit of a smorgusboard - good cheeses, with deli bits and pieces - artichokes, olives, roast veg, BBQ leftovers, good bread with a homemade cake to finish.
Most people eat one big meal a day, I really don't think they'd feel short changed by something casual in the evening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now