Holiday come dine with me DIY

(4 Posts)
miggy Tue 02-Jul-13 21:00:46

Ok mums net is my secret weapon here, am on holiday and did a cookery day with the kids and we have decided to do a holiday come dine with me style competition. Me and dd,ds1 and gf,dh,ds2 each cooking one night with marks awarded for style and presentation and food.villa fairly well equipped but not everything you would have at home in terms of gadgets.am in turkey so needs to be available ingredients.
Budget £30 not including drink, with points for being under budget.
Any ideas to help dd and I win appreciated
Dd is a fish eating veggie as well!

snowmummy Tue 02-Jul-13 21:17:17

You're cheating? Gah!

sashh Wed 03-Jul-13 05:43:47

Turkey? Do you get extra points for authentic local food?

Kofte

2/3 slices of bread - no crust. If you were in the UK 2 white ready sliced bread with no crust. Put in water for a couple of mins then squeese out until dry.

1 onion finely chopped
minced lamb or beef
a bit of chopped min or parsely or both
1 clove of garlic
one egg

mix it all together and make into small meatballs, dust with flour and shallow fry.

or make half into meatballs then get some filo pastry and a chicken breast, with pine nuts if you like.

poach the chicken in water or milk and shred, mix with the meatball mixture (add pine nuts if using) and make filo pastry parcels, fry or oven bake.

Serve with salad and rice, or stuff peppers with rice and serve them.

I would go to a local market and if there are English speakers ask how the stall holders would cook things.

miggy Wed 03-Jul-13 08:33:11

Sashh, thanks great idea
Snow mummy, of course I'm cheating but only for dd's sake natch smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now