Do you let your toddler have squash?

(52 Posts)
Snowgirl1 Mon 01-Jul-13 10:30:57

I drink sugar free squash as I'm not all that keen on plain water. DD is 18 months old and sees me drinking this and wants to try it. So far DD has only had water and milk (although doesn't seem to bothered about milk these days). Do you let your toddlers drink fruit juice and squash?

AmandaPandtheTantrumofDoom Sun 07-Jul-13 21:41:26

I let mine drink squash (quite weak) once they could drink from an open cup. I don't like sippy cups for sugary drinks for tooth health. Also, not the sugar free sort - the normal full sugar version.

I also make sure that they drink plenty of water. Any sign of going off water and the squash goes away.

RubyrooUK Sun 07-Jul-13 21:47:16

Nope. I hate squash, tastes horrible to me. DS1 who is nearly three loves water so don't see the point in offering it when I wouldn't buy it normally. He doesn't like fruit juice (although he loves fruit) and seems happy with water.

I usually take the approach that no food is banned in moderation but if a child doesn't really come across it and it has no major benefits, don't bother offering it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now