NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Roasting bit of beef - slow cooker?

(8 Posts)
Trills Sun 30-Jun-13 19:00:51

Or is that a waste of a nice bit of beef and I should stop being lazy and roast it properly?

Trills Sun 30-Jun-13 19:01:40

It is a "Tesco Finest beef roasting joint" from the meat counter - no actual indication of what part of the cow it was.

sashh Mon 01-Jul-13 06:18:15

slow cooker always

Helpyourself Mon 01-Jul-13 07:07:06

It is a bit of a waste to cook it like that. How much did it cost? The 'waste' effect is only that a cheap cut would taste the same as your posh one, you could have spent a lot less...
Is it a time thing?

Trills Mon 01-Jul-13 08:40:30

I think it was on offer to make it £7 per kilo which is not a lot for beef. It might say "Finest" but I don't think it's actually posh. grin

Helpyourself Mon 01-Jul-13 11:28:01

Bung it in then! grin
I always roast beef very hot for a short time- sort of walk it through a warm room. Everything else I slow cooker.

Trills Mon 01-Jul-13 11:36:12

It's in smile

If I knew what kind of cut it was I'd be more inclined to roast it (with good instructions from someone trustworthy).

Trills Fri 12-Jul-13 16:19:14

It was lovely and FIL kept saying how nice it was. I put lots of salt and pepper on top.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now