How do I cook paneer please?

(7 Posts)
BeanoNoir Sun 30-Jun-13 17:40:48

We've bought some paneer to use instead of meat in a curry. Frying aubergine, onions and then adding our favourite curry jar (Aagrah achari, it's delicious). Can we just fry the cheese with the other ingredients? Should it only be done for a short amount of time, i.e. after the aubergine and onions have already gone soft?

tia

Disclaimer: I do know it's not real cooking using a jar, but it's quick and yummy and I'm 34 weeks pregnant and have a toddler grin

Cut it into cubes and fry it separately to the other stuff - turn it around to ensure it browns on all sides. Add a pinch of salt, some pepper, a few cumin and mustard seeds if you have them, when it's nearly cooked.

Enjoy - it's lovely!

BeanoNoir Sun 30-Jun-13 17:58:51

Thank you. I always love it when we go out for Indian food, so hopefully it will be as nice as at home. Good tip to fry separately for even cooking, cheers smile

BeanoNoir Mon 01-Jul-13 19:30:21

It was lovely, thank you thanks

Brilliant! Glad you enjoyed it. smile

weakestlink Tue 02-Jul-13 18:17:07

Love paneer! Did you get it at the regular supermarket?

BeanoNoir Tue 02-Jul-13 19:06:52

I ordered it with a tesco online shop, not sure if I've seen it in the actual supermarket, but I might not have been looking in the right place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now