Le Creuset casserole help - can you find it?

(11 Posts)
nicecupofteaplease Sun 30-Jun-13 16:58:34

I borrowed the loveliest Le Creuset Casserole dish which has just been reclaimed by its rightful owner and I am bereft. I can't find the same one anywhere.

It was similar to this Shallow Casserole but deeper and more like a chef's pan, so was my everyday cooking pan, but could also be put in the oven to stew stuff. I miss it. Can anyone help?

It wasn't their traditional round casserole, but had a curved base, a bit like a wok base.

Vibbe Sun 30-Jun-13 20:05:21

Are you sure it was cast iron? Le Creuset make stainless steel things too, like this one, which is deeper than the one you've linked to: www.lecreuset.co.uk/3-Ply-Stainless-Steel-Shallow-Casseroles.aspx

MisForMumNotMaid Sun 30-Jun-13 20:07:18
ppeatfruit Mon 01-Jul-13 14:30:13

nicecup If you're going to france for yr hols this year go to an Imeaus 2nd hand shop (they're all over Fr.) they sell good quality Le Creuset for very very little money you MIGHT find the one you borrowed. Even if you don't it's worth a look.

ppeatfruit Mon 01-Jul-13 14:31:32

I meant the same model of the one you borrowed! Not the exact one of course!

Onesleeptillwembley Mon 01-Jul-13 14:49:49

I think it was a cocotte. Most places that stock Le Creuset stock them, Denby also do ones just as good for about 2/3 of the price - I got mine in Debenhams. I have both, and they really on a par with each other.

Pantah630 Tue 02-Jul-13 12:16:49

Was it this oval casserole I have one of these I use for curries, stews, etc and a round 40+ year old round cocotte that was my parents I use even more often for risottos, biryani, etc..

Leo35 Tue 02-Jul-13 22:06:13

Hi, I bought this http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop/home_and_garden/kitchen/pots_and_pans/cast_iron/121060421_cooks-collection-cream-3l-cast-iron-shallow-casserole-dish

from Sainsbos on offer in January 1/3 discount making it £30. It's fab. It's v.heavy, but guess you know that already! Just couldn't afford Le Crueset, so went for the budget option. A holiday in France does sound more tempting though!

Montybojangles Tue 02-Jul-13 23:07:17

Have several different sized le cruesets, all great, but recently bought a sainsburys cast iron shallow casserole dish (couldn't resist the colour and the price reduction) and it is fantastic. Used most days for various types of meals.

ppeatfruit Wed 03-Jul-13 16:25:00

The food really does taste better in le creuset cookware (we're doing our asparagus lying flat in an L.C. saucepan with a tight lid) it tastes so much nicer and cooks much quicker than when cooked in the 'made for purpose' special steel saucepan with basket.

DramaAlpaca Wed 03-Jul-13 16:33:00

I got one almost identical to that in either Lidl or Aldi just before Christmas. I can't remember how much it was, but it was very reasonable - probably somewhere around £40.

It's not Le Creuset, but it is cast iron & mine is a lovely charcoal colour.

Might be worth looking out for it there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now