NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Family recipes

(9 Posts)
4leafclover Sat 29-Jun-13 15:48:03

Can anyone recommend some good family recipes that everyone will enjoy please? We are so bored with the meals we currently have which include the following..

Bolognese
Shepherds pie
Chicken curry
Slow cooked chicken chausser
Stew & dumplings
Steak & chips
Gammon, pineapple & chips
Stir fry
Chilli
Sea bass
Fish & parsley sauce
Chinese sticky pork

Thank you in advance for any help smile

littlemefi Sat 29-Jun-13 16:31:57

What about Maple syrup and mustard-glazed sausage, onion and potato roast?
Preheat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas mark 6,
Take 1lb of favourite pork sausages and twist each one in the middle and snip to make 2 smaller ones. Place sausages, 2 red onions, chopped into chunks, and 1lb 2oz of new potatoes, quartered, into a roasting tray in a single layer.
Mix together 2 tbsp maple syrup (or honey), 1 tbsp grainy mustard, 2 tbsp oil, and some seasoning , and pour over the ingredients. Scatter over 2tbsp chopped thyme and mix well.
Roast for 40-45 mins, turning occasionally , until sausages are cooked through and potatoes are crisp and golden.

This is fromThe Busy Mum's Cookbook, I borrowed it from the library the other night. I made it with honey and it was delicious and really easy. Even my 3 year old dd loved it.

UptoapointLordCopper Sat 29-Jun-13 20:25:57

What we've had recently:

Since we are talking sausages: take sausage meat out of skin, fry it up with broccoli, serve with pasta.

Boil potatoes, chop up cucumbers/peppers/spring onions, mix with peppered smoked mackerel. Went down a treat.

Grill salmon marinated in soya sauce and honey. Eat with anything.

Baked chicken drumsticks in soya sauce and honey. Eat with anything.

Miso marinated pork chops. Best with rice and plainly microwaved/steamed/boiled veg.

sharond101 Sat 29-Jun-13 21:55:40

lasagne
enchiladas
homemade pizza
macaroni cheese
fajitas
homemade fish fingers
meatloaf
chicken and mushroom pie
puff pastry pizzas
fish with pesto and breadcrumbs on top

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 29-Jun-13 23:26:06

Bloody ipad keeps loosing my message. Will try to come back tomorrow.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 30-Jun-13 17:36:26

mefi its in the oven smile

4leaf do you ever have meat free days? Last night we had spinach and ricotta cannelloni with salad and everyone enjoyed that.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 30-Jun-13 19:47:30

mefi used some lower fat sausages and it was lovely, even dd ate it which is something just shy of a miracle! Thanks for typing out the recipe, will be cooking it again smile

littlemefi Sun 30-Jun-13 21:31:12

Glad you liked it!
I love those recipes that don't involve standing in front of the hob for half an hour, anything for an easy life!

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 01-Jul-13 09:30:01

It was great, had been out all day so whacked it in the oven and by the time we'd sorted out the car, kids and house it was ready. I usually have a busy day on a Wednesday so it could be on next week's mealplan smile

Must look in the library for the book too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now