NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

I can not be the only one....

(11 Posts)
daisydee43 Sun 23-Jun-13 20:14:46

The dust is the best bit, send it my way grin

Frontdoorstep Sun 23-Jun-13 11:39:58

Mu mum, a frequent visitor to our house, has been known to sieve the very last portions of cereal before I have served the cereal to the children for breakfast.

Sleepyfergus Sun 23-Jun-13 07:57:31

I've been known to sieve cereal but only when it gets to the end, so I sieve it for the last bowlful iykwim.

You are not alone.

I peel mushrooms too. And iron tea towels (if they're in the clean clothes basket and I'm ironing other stuff though wink)

MooMa42o Sun 23-Jun-13 07:49:57

I might even iron some tea towels while i am at it!

MooMa42o Sun 23-Jun-13 07:49:29

I am starting to get the impression that i may actually be weird!...& there was me thinking it was a perfectly normal thing to do. But thank goodness for BonaDea's DH at least there is one other person out there who also thinks this is standard practice!

Right i am off to sieve cereal & peel some mushrooms!...

BonaDea Sat 22-Jun-13 22:35:55

My DH does this with his porridge oats and it drives me mental. Surely life is too short?

sharond101 Sat 22-Jun-13 22:31:27

I think the dust is the best bit but I am extra weird and prefer all the things other people hate like soggy bottoms on pastry, crusts on sandwiches and chicken thighs.

MoreBeta Sat 22-Jun-13 16:08:43

I don't sieve but I don't think it fair to give DSs a load of dust and crumbs out of the bottom of the cereal box so I don't use the last 2-3% of each box and instead use it to make Anzac biscuits but replace the oats in the recipe with the cereal crumbs and dust - especially out of cornflake and Special K boxes. Works well.

[Ooooh I just noticed Internet Explorer 10 does my MN spell checking for me. How vairh vairh clever of them!]

I'm sure you're not the only one but I have to say that is very odd behaviour!

Made me chuckle though grin

FredFredGeorge Sat 22-Jun-13 16:01:17

I hate the cereal dust in rice crispies, but it's only the last fraction of a bowl so I don't do anything about it - so no you sound pretty odd to me!

MooMa42o Sat 22-Jun-13 15:51:15

....sieving the cereal, our cereal lives in those tupperware containers, & before i put the cereal in them i sieve it to make sure you don't get all the dust in the bottom, my husband saw me doing this earlier, & laughed saying did you think 5 years ago that you would be doing this?...he thinks i must be the only person to do this, i cannot be, please someone come & share that they do in fact do this too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now