NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

freeze ahead meals

(7 Posts)
TwentyTinyToes Mon 20-May-13 22:30:48

Cheese sauce is always handy. Muffins/ cake freeze well. Fish pie and fish cakes. Spicy butter squash, carrot and coriander, curried parsnip and leek and potato soup, then get some part baked bread to have with it. The bread lasts ages in the cupboard and is really delicious.

Horopu Mon 20-May-13 22:21:47

Last weekend I made beef casserole in the slow cooker and froze most of it. Turned some of it into a pie for dinner this week.

gwenniebee Mon 20-May-13 22:16:27

I did a tuna pasta bake when I was pg - fry some onions and chopped carrot, make a sort of cheese sauce and then add some frozen peas and sweetcorn. You can then put that in the freezer and it doesn't take up too much room - when you're ready for it defrost, mash in a can of tuna and cook some pasta, and bake!

sharond101 Mon 20-May-13 22:04:38

enchiladas
curry
lasagne - chicken, veg, mince
soup

er1507 Mon 20-May-13 19:17:26

Pasta bakes? put whatever u like in there, I usually go for onions garlic chopped mixed peppers mushrooms and courgettes, fry together season with herbs and some chillie flakes if you want a kick, add some passata and your done! I sometime use chicken with it. Once all cooked add your pasta sprinkle with cheese and bake for 15min. You can either freeze all together or just the sauce.

whosiwhatsit Mon 20-May-13 18:10:37

You can freeze pizza dough. Make the dough, let it rise, punch it down and put it in a freezer bag to freeze. Also make portions of pizza sauce and freeze. To use, defrost the dough, roll it out with a rolling pin, and put it onto a preheated pizza stone. Top with the sauce, some mozzarella and whatever else you fancy. Delicious.

You can also freeze lasagna quite easily. Also falafel, and freeze pita bread too to go with it and defrost the bread in the toaster.

You can freeze all kinds of tomato-based curries, too.

curlyclaz13 Mon 20-May-13 18:05:22

I am 37 weeks pregnant and trying to get some food prepared and in the freezer ready. made chicken pie filling and meatballs today. other than chilli and bolognese what else is good. we eat most things apart from lamb OH wont eat chinese or thai and I don't like fruit in savoury ! something that goes in a slow cooker would be great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now