What shall I make with this cream cheese?

(14 Posts)
LadyVoldemort Mon 20-May-13 18:03:43

I got some cos it was on offer, but no one likes it! Now I hate waste so am wondering what to cook with it.
Sweet or savoury is fine, I've just no inspiration today.

Any ideas?

M25Meltdown Mon 20-May-13 18:05:38

What brand ?

Is it flavoured ?

LadyVoldemort Mon 20-May-13 18:06:43

It's Yum and it's just cream cheese flavour.

angusandelspethsthistlewhistle Mon 20-May-13 18:07:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Taffeta Mon 20-May-13 18:07:58

Cheesecake

pinkangelita Mon 20-May-13 18:08:55

Choc truffles! You just add icing sugar and melted choc. There's a great aldi recipe if you google it (sorry not sure how to do a link) super quick and easy and really yummy. smile

BigStickBIWI Mon 20-May-13 18:09:39

You can make a lovely mushroom pate with it, if you have any mushrooms. grin

JetSetWilly Mon 20-May-13 18:10:27

This happened to me once and I made Maple and pecan ice cream it was delicious and i didnt have to buy too many extra ingredients as i had a lot of them already in my cupboard. Made the ice cream as we're not a big family so I didn't want to make a massive cheesecake that we wouldn't have time to eat before it went off iykwim. Having said that the ice cream didn't last too long!

Have a look on the Philadelphia website they have lots of recipes on there

M25Meltdown Mon 20-May-13 18:14:33

Use your garlic press to press several large cloves of garlic, add to cream cheese, dilute with single cream serve with tagliatelle and coriander. Yummy.

Ruffello Mon 20-May-13 18:15:45

Pour over some sweet chilli sauce and a little chopped mint and serve as a dip with tortilla chips - it's surprisingly moreish!

LadyVoldemort Mon 20-May-13 18:21:25

Ahh no Ruffello, I stay away from crisps & dip cos I go mad on them!

Love these ideas, will never be able to decide now though. Might have to buy another tub and make them all grin

HuevosRancheros Mon 20-May-13 22:05:43

This Cream Cheese Pound Cake is fantastic. Doesn't taste of cream cheese, just has a lovely buttery texture smile

Alwayscheerful Thu 23-May-13 07:44:45

Mix with icing sugar and vanilla essence and use as a topping for carrot cake.

21mealspluscake Thu 23-May-13 09:34:17

Mix with the same amount of butter, a couple of garlic cloves crushed and chopped parsley then use it to make garlic bread. Wrap in foil and freeze till you fancy it! I cook from frozen, works every time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now