NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

List the vegetables you use most. Or just tell me your vegetable habits.

(54 Posts)
oinkment Mon 20-May-13 09:55:51

I am bored of my vegetable mainstays.

I seem to use courgette and / or aubergine in about 80% of all the meals I make.

And peas and sweetcorn are my freezer staples.

What do you use most. I'm hoping to be inspired by other peoples habits.

Jojobump1986 Sun 26-May-13 20:40:04

Staples are: broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, baby corn & peas
We'll occasionally have green beans, runner beans or sugar snaps for a change.

I'd love to have salad more often but it always seems to make both DH & I gassy & DS wouldn't eat lettuce. sad

MadeOfStarDust Sun 26-May-13 20:42:28

Broccoli, carrots, corn on the cob, peas, green beans, cabbage, cauliflower are the staples.. oh and roasted beetroot..... mmmmmm

Hubby doesn't like any other veg - but I like the "fruits" done as veg -cucumber/courgette/aubergine/tomato/peppers/pumpkin/squashes etc...

riverboat Sun 26-May-13 22:00:04

Lots of peppers, mushrooms and onions because I cook quite a lot of curries and stir fries.

Broccoli, peas and green beans as side dishes to meat. Sometimes plain sometimes jazzed up.

Sweet corn, carrot, radishes, cucumber in green salads.

I love aubergine, courgette and asparagus but DP dislikes all three so I tend to just cook those when I'm eating on my own.

sparkle12mar08 Mon 27-May-13 21:04:39

In order it's probably:

frozen sweetcorn (we eat probably a pound or more a week just of this)
frozen peas
fresh carrots
fresh peppers
fresh onions

then rather lower down and according to season come:
salad leaves
cucumber
broccoli
parsnips
squashes
other root veg (turnip, swede etc)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now