NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

buying cake tins

(4 Posts)
mamacoffee Mon 20-May-13 15:21:32

Sorry- thank you that's really useful info

mamacoffee Mon 20-May-13 15:19:51

I just want one for whenever I bake sandwich cakes. I do a lot of hummingbird recipes.

HazeltheMcWitch Mon 20-May-13 00:01:09

I have both (greedy!).
I tend to use the loose-bottomed tins for plainer sponges, sandwich cakes etc. But it it's a wetter mixture then I'd probably go for a springform tin. My springforms tend to be bigger - both deeper and a bigger diameter. Also, Springforms usually have vertical sides, whereas non-SF often have a light angle.

What is your cake?

mamacoffee Sun 19-May-13 22:35:39

do you use loose bottom cake tins or springform ones? the latter are so expensive and i want to make a three layered cake, am wondering whether to just go with loose bottom instead?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now