ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Left fridge door open for 3 hours - tell me I don't have to throw all the meat away!

(12 Posts)

It wasn't wide open. It's still saying 5 degrees. But the butter's gone a bit soft.

I have mince, chicken and sausages in there. Will they be OK?

This was only the second most stupid thing I have done today after giving the cat DD's tuna and mixing the cat's bit with mayo (in the cat bowl). Today's not going well grin.

HDEE Fri 17-May-13 12:37:12

Course they will, I'd just close the door again but give them all the sniff test before using.

I don't trust my sniff!

OrlaKiely Fri 17-May-13 12:55:48

I'd try and cook it all today, or throw.

PseudoBadger Fri 17-May-13 13:02:16

Refrigerated food is fine at ambient temperature for 4 hours

It will be fine. Assuming you are in the UK, it's not exactly tropical. Shut the door and carry on as normal. I think my fridge is set about 5 deg anyway!

OK it wasn't ambient and it was less than 4 hours. So it'll be OK, right? Right?

Ragwort Fri 17-May-13 13:13:41

It will be fine ............... are you in the UK, its not exactly hot today is it, I often sometimes leave food out overnight and have never had food poisoning grin - I do think many people are very 'precious' about these sorts of things.

GetOrfMoiLand Fri 17-May-13 13:15:06

I wouldn't think twice about it tbh - agree with ragwort.

In UK. OK I'm going to trust you lot!

PoppadomPreach Fri 17-May-13 13:26:29

i wouldn't worry about it either. as long as the meat is thoroughly cooked (as chicken and sausages always should be) then an extra germs which have bred as a result of the slightly warmer temperature will be killed.

ArabellaBeaumaris Fri 17-May-13 13:42:03

I wouldn't worry about it either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now