NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Easy and transportable pudding for 12+?

(14 Posts)
MERLYPUSS Sun 19-May-13 20:02:42

Jelly Rabbit

fancyabakeoff Sat 18-May-13 16:10:28

Chocolate brownie?

This one is gorgeous (I make it at least 5 times a week for somebody or other)

If I want to 'posh it up a bit' I bake it in a slightly larger tin so that brownie comes out slightly shallower and serve it with chunky fresh raspberry sauce and a blob of fresh cream a la some poncy chef.

Can be made a couple of days in advance. I'm told it tastes even better then but I have no idea because my family ME are greedy buggers and can't wait.

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1223/bestever-brownies?utm_expid=13353178-7

GrandPoohBah Fri 17-May-13 19:23:26

I do bread and butter pudding as brioche pudding - I make apricot jam sandwiches with the brioche, cut them into triangles then pour the custard over. You don't need butter because the brioche has so much butter in already.

Or you could put Baileys in the custard.

Foxred10 Fri 17-May-13 18:54:30

Sticky toffee pudding in a tin with sauce in a separate container? Un-mould and pour on sauce then whack under grill when you get there? Serve with extra sauce and cream smilesmile

PoppyWearer Fri 17-May-13 18:51:31

Bread and butter pudding, as PP said, but made with something a bit different like croissants or brioche. Yum!

WantToFindWorkLifeBalance Fri 17-May-13 18:50:41

www.nigella.com/recipes/view/irish-cream-tiramisu-5 - did this for something v similar and worked really well.

GrandPoohBah Fri 17-May-13 15:59:20

Bread and butter pudding? Set up the bread in the dish, cling film. Assemble the custard, stick in a bottle or similar. When you get there, bring them together and chuck in the oven.

Drladybird Wed 15-May-13 22:08:11

Yes, I second Tiramisu or chocolate mousse?

goodbyeyellowbrickroad Wed 15-May-13 20:52:32

Tiramisu?

AnonYonimousBird Wed 15-May-13 20:50:43

ah, I forgot to say, the hostess is already doing a pavlova with fruit topping.

I need to do more than fruit salad, unfortunately, as delicious as it is, and I adore it, but I am returning a similar favour....

A crumble could be great actually - very different from Pav, and totally in advance.

Or Eton Mess - that transports very well, just assemble when you arrive.

Cheesecake.

Apple crumble.

Fruit salad?

AnonYonimousBird Wed 15-May-13 20:43:17

I am helping a friend with catering a dinner this weekend. I need an 'in advance' pud that is easy to make for a large-ish number (i'm crap at puds!) plus easy to transport to her house. Putting in the oven when I get there IS an option, if necessary.

Ideas, pretty pretty please!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now