Has anyone got a nice simple recipe for salmon please?

(18 Posts)
sensesworkingovertime Mon 13-May-13 18:25:16

I have four fillets; I don't usually do anything adventurous with them and need some ideas please (as title says though something not too difficult). Thanks in advance!

Taffeta Mon 13-May-13 18:27:49
MrsRandom78 Mon 13-May-13 18:29:59

I've just had some baked in foil, slices of lemon under the fish, black pepper, lemon on top and squeeze the hot lemon juice over when they come out the oven - was very tasty!

iwantavuvezela Mon 13-May-13 18:30:47

If you have feta cheese you can crumble on top, wrap in tin foil and bake .... Add a bit of olive oil .... If you have fresh mint, chop and add on top. Delicious. Or, another favourite if you have some teriyaki sauce is to marinade and then fry or bake. Also delicious.

YoniConnect Mon 13-May-13 18:34:33

Top with a smear of pesto and some grated parmesan (breadcrumbs would work as well if you have any)

Tis lovely and easy!

Mondrian Mon 13-May-13 18:40:26

I like then over roasted with lemon or orange slices (on to or underneath the fillets) as well as some dill - seasoned with salt & pepper.

FannyFifer Mon 13-May-13 18:41:27

I just had salmon, baked with breadcrumbs, garlic & Parmesan, yum.

Tournament Mon 13-May-13 18:45:18

DCs love thins http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4670/crisp-chicken-bites

The recipe is for chicken, but they've made it with salmon fillets cut into strips and it's even better. The best bit is I give them the cut up fish and breadcrumbs in a bag and they can do the whole thing on their own. Very easy (for me) grin

Tournament Mon 13-May-13 18:45:56
NomDeClavier Mon 13-May-13 18:47:19

Sprinkle liberally with ginger, splash enthusiastically with soy sauce, wrap in little foil parcels and bake.

MsInterpret Mon 13-May-13 18:48:17

Breadcrumbs, olive oil, parsley and orange zest makes a nice crisp topping if you then grill.

Add some of the squeezed orange juice and extra parsley to some mayo to make a drizzly, delicious tartare sauce-esque accompaniment.

Yum!

snoworneahva Mon 13-May-13 18:49:21

Wrap in bacon and bake.

Sprinkle Cajun spices on top liberally, then grill. Very simple and utterly delicious.

Exhaustipated Mon 13-May-13 18:55:18

I do individual foil parcels with chopped ginger, chilli, garlic, Corriander, splash of soy, sesame oil, some spring onions if you have them. Squeeze of lime. Serve with rice or noodles and veg.

sensesworkingovertime Mon 13-May-13 20:20:50

Wow! grin you have all given me some tasty sounding ideas, thank you very much, I will definitely try a mixture of them.

DewDr0p Mon 13-May-13 20:49:35

Very nice wrapped in foil with either Asian flavours or vermouth/Pernod and/or lemon.

Also good like this. Cook some green beans boiling water for 4-5 mins first (should be just tender) toss in some olive oil with cherry tomatoes, black olives (can also add anchovy if you like, but not essential) Put salmon at one end of baking sheet, drizzle a little more oil over the salmon, put green bean/tom/olive mixture at the other end and cook in the oven at about 200C until the fish is cooked. Serve with lots of lemon wedges.

MERLYPUSS Tue 14-May-13 09:21:16

I cooked salmon in the rice cooker last week but a deep frying pan with a lid would do. Fry misc veg and leave to one side. Put rice, stock cube, tom puree, tin of chopped toms in rice cooker. Place salmon fillets on top of rice. When cooked combine the 2 pans forking the fish into bite sizes.

8dayweek Wed 15-May-13 20:34:26

Pesto Salmon is good and very easy! (and I never bother with homemade pesto!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now