NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Things to do with tortillas/wraps

(31 Posts)
BornToFolk Thu 09-May-13 11:27:06

I bought stacks of cheap tortillas from Approved Food and merrily made Bean Enchiladas every week for about the past 8 weeks. DS loved them at first (so did I! Tasty, filling and cheap) but we're both getting sick of them.

What else can I do with the stockpile of tortillas? I plan on making fajitas at some point. We're both veggie and DS won't eat mushrooms but other than that, anything goes.

CheerfulYank Fri 10-May-13 06:27:18

DS likes them with peanut butter and jam, or cream cheese and cucumber, or strawberry cream cheese with banana slices.

Mutley77 Fri 10-May-13 06:51:53

I made some pizzas with them earlier this week - I googled and an Annabel Karmel recipe came up but you don't really need a recipe. Spread them with tomato sauce (jarred or home made dep how lazy you are feeling) and add cheese, sweetcorn, ham or whatever. Then bake at 200 for 8-10 mins.

GingerPCatt Fri 10-May-13 06:52:50

Mexican pizzas- spread with glocamole, cover with cheese, add tomatoes or spring onions or whatever veg you like and bake until cheese is melted. They are best on corn tortillas that go crispy, but others will work too. Damn, now I'm hungry smile

frenchfancy Fri 10-May-13 07:32:37

Bean Enchilladas.

Make a bean chilli flavoured with cumin and cinnamon. Put a ciuple of big spoonfuls inside each tortilla. Smear top of rolls with ketchup and sprinkle on cheese. Grill to melt cheese. Serve with sour cream or fromage frais.

WilsonFrickett Fri 10-May-13 14:59:50

DS just ate a very plain quesedilla, aka cheese on hot tortilla. But as DS never tries anything new, this is a triumph! Thanks OP! thanks

Sarahplane Fri 10-May-13 15:07:21

grated cheese, grated carrot and coleslaw wraps are nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now