Things to do with tortillas/wraps

(9 Posts)
BornToFolk Thu 09-May-13 11:26:53

I bought stacks of cheap tortillas from Approved Food and merrily made Bean Enchiladas every week for about the past 8 weeks. DS loved them at first (so did I! Tasty, filling and cheap) but we're both getting sick of them.

What else can I do with the stockpile of tortillas? I plan on making fajitas at some point. We're both veggie and DS won't eat mushrooms but other than that, anything goes.

Ihaveavoo Sun 12-May-13 19:09:07

Use them at lunchtime for sandwiches?
Enchiladas?

trixymalixy Sun 12-May-13 19:10:14

I use them as pizza bases. The kids love putting on passata and toppings and they take 5 mins in the oven.

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 12-May-13 19:11:52

Quesadillas!
Like a toastie with tortillas.

Enchiladas? Fajitas, baked in a sauce.

Or Nigella has a recipe for a Mexican lasagne with tortillas (which is sort of like an enchilada, but stacked not rolled...

ivykaty44 Sun 12-May-13 19:22:10

this is lovely

Paul Hollywood uses them in a stack

Dust then with sugar and cinnamon and bake them until they're crisp then break up into chips and serve with ice cream dusted with cinnamon and drizzled with warm honey?

Veggie chilli and loads of grated cheese and salad. Yum.

Goldensunnydays81 Sun 12-May-13 21:34:21

For breakfast as huevos rancheros! A Mexican dish that is made with eggs, avocado, cheese and a bit of chilli sauce all baked in the oven. It is gorgeous.

BornToFolk Mon 13-May-13 12:27:57

I managed to post this thread twice, sorry!

Thanks for the suggestions. I love the look of those sweet potato burritos - yum!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now