Summer food ideas

(7 Posts)

Quiche, jacket potatoes, couscous (stuffed peppers), stir fry...

CoffeeChocolateWine Thu 09-May-13 16:01:46

Lots of grilled meat and fish. Homemade burgers. A fav of ours is grilled chicken tikka wraps - coat chicken in tikka paste and greek yoghurt and grill. Wrap in tortillas with dollops of mango chutney and tzatziki and cucumber and lettuce if you can bear it!

I know you're not salad people but we do lots of warm filling salads and they really are main meals. Like grilled chicken and strips of pancetta or bacon, with boiled new potatos and green beans all mixed in with some leaves, cucumber, tomato, red pepper etc and served with crusty bread. We also love it with a poached egg on top. Seriously tasty and really filling.

Ruffello Thu 09-May-13 15:32:49

Jersey royal potatoes are the taste of summer for me!

21mealspluscake Thu 09-May-13 12:16:33

I seriously love salad and fortunately so does DP, but on non salad days we have lots of stirfries, noodles, dal and rice, risotto can be light if you use summer veg, spicy fritters, roasted peppers and onions mixed through pasta tastes like summer!

UptoapointLordCopper Wed 08-May-13 22:10:20

Same as winter. grin I'm also a salads-not-a-food person. We eat a lot of Chinese and Japanese food, as well as pasta and couscous, and wraps. In fact we eat almost everything apart from salad. The only exception we make for salad is thai salad.

sharond101 Wed 08-May-13 22:02:42

Wraps, pasta salads, chicken wings, quiche and anything served inside a crispy tortilla basket which seems to suggest it's summer to me.

WipsGlitter Wed 08-May-13 21:38:54

We eat stews, casseroles, spag Bol and pasta type stuff in the winter but I'd like to try some "lighter" stuff in summer. DP is a bit hot meal / salads not a food / meat type person. DSs are a bit picky.

What do you eat in summer?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now