Do Aldi or Lidl stock any of the following?

(11 Posts)
nappyaddict Wed 08-May-13 15:41:38

Fairtrade ground coffee
Organic eggs
Organic chickens
Coconut flour
Fairtrade cocoa

orangepudding Wed 08-May-13 15:43:18

I don't think you'll find coconut flour.

ivykaty44 Wed 08-May-13 15:43:57

not seen coconut flour, not sure about fair trade items as I want decafe coffee and they don't stock it, no to organic chickens but yes to halal chickens and eggs they did stock organic eggs in my local lidl but stopped

ivykaty44 Wed 08-May-13 15:44:28

what do you use coconut flour for? Not that I usually like coconut anyway smile

nappyaddict Wed 08-May-13 15:49:51

I use it or almond flour to replace wheat flour.

ivykaty44 Wed 08-May-13 16:05:11

cheers -not seen it any where .

Lidl don't do brown rice or wholewheat flour either - it is basic and cheaper end of the market - but

there fruit and vegetable selection is often very very good so worth going for green grocery and then shopping else where for other goods.

Restorer Wed 08-May-13 16:11:33

Fairtrade coffee and chocolate, yes in Lidl, not sure about cocoa.

Organic chickens from time to time as a special and they used to have eggs, but not recently. (Stock does come and go a bit, so they could be back)

I have no idea what coconut flour is!

sharond101 Wed 08-May-13 22:08:59

Aldi have organic chickens and decaffeinated coffee. They have fairtrade coffee too.

nappyaddict Fri 10-May-13 20:31:56

Are you sure sharond101?

When I've looked in Aldi before they only did free range chickens, not organic and fairtrade instant coffee but not fairtrade ground coffee?

Have never found organic eggs in either but have found free range eggs in both.

Have never found Cocoa in either let alone Fairtrade.

Neither did coconut flour but they both did dessicated coconut which I think you can grind down futher in a food processor.

PoppyAmex Sun 12-May-13 11:58:27

No coconut flour, sadly.

In fact, I can't even find it in Sainsbury's or Tesco, so I get it from amazon.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 13-May-13 22:39:47

Think it depends on the branch, our Lidl do organic eggs and chickens and fairtrade tea and coffee, if I go to the branch near my Dps they don't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now