I'm in love with morrisons savers

(14 Posts)
daisydee43 Thu 02-May-13 22:27:56

Hi all
After looking at my finances to find I was spending close to £500 month on food I have now been looking for ways to cut back. Tried the budget supermarkets like aldi and Iceland but wasn't all that impressed actually so I started buying the very basic morrisons savers range, with caution at first. I must say I feel I've uncovered a gem as the food is great and tasty and the cleaning stuff is great too and it's so ridiculously cheap
Ie, squash 28p
Cornflakes 31p
Frozen veg stir fry (you can cook from frozen!) £1

I'm so impressed I had to share, and I've saved a fortune shopping per month now around £200!

So far the only vetoed item is their rice snaps, but did make good Rice Krispie cakes

Enjoy

Bobyan Thu 02-May-13 22:48:41

All the staff at my local Morrison's look like they need a good wash. Its put me know right off.

Sorry.

balroymum Thu 02-May-13 22:53:34

I hear you OP! Love Morrisons. Tesco wouldn't get a look in if Mr M delivered to our door! Fruit/veg/bread/deli is way better than the rest! Enjoy spending your extra cash!

We shop at Morrison's too. The pay day vouchers have been great. The only thing I miss is cheap passata. It's double the price of Aldi, Asda and Tesco. So if I'm in one of these I buy a lot in.

Bobyan not so in our Morrisons. Plus they're so friendly and never in a hurry. In Aldi I feel like it's a reflex test at the checkout.

And their bread is amazing value, especially the artisan. We like to bake bread but sometimes I wonder if it's worth it when theirs is so good? Just wish the loaves were in the right baskets. I feel sorry for people with any impairment as they could go home with the wrong bread.

If you drink wine there's 25% off 6 bottles at the moment. I think it's the offer wines too?

Here's wine offer and they deliver it free shock

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 03-May-13 11:50:27

I think morrisons is looking into home delivery via ocado.

yes that's true Fluffy.

I am a Mozza convert. I love misty veg.

I wanted some diced pork recently - very little on the shelves as it was near the end of the day - Mr burly butcher man grasped a large shoulder joint, went off to his block and knife and in a trice had diced me a veritable mountain of lovely lean meat. It cost a mere £3.50 and was beautifully flavoursome and tender.

CooEeeEldridge Fri 03-May-13 14:55:54

I'm eating the Jaffa cakes as we speak- they are looovely! Also bourbons / gingers good too. Their own brand conditioner is v good too, it's not savers but it's £1 and the apple one- I wouldn't use it for special occasion but fine day to day if that makes sense? Morrisons have THE BEST offers too, can you tell I've discovered them recently?!

Well we've just been to Tesco as they'd send us £12 off £80 shop. We bought tons, spent £127 and then handed over the voucher. Cashier said I need your clubcard. Guess what? sad But one good thing, I managed to get ds2 a laptop bag that will also do for school for £18. That's a good price. It's a backpack one too.

Anyway I've convinced dp to do another shop with them next week online. Means we get a week free of trailing round the shop and packing. And funnily enough I don't need my card online do I? The clubcard numbers on the voucher so I don't understand the problem?

We'll be back to Morrisons after this.

Clubcard number's I meant!

And sent not send. Can you tell I have PMS? I'm convinced my brain turns to blancmange for this week?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now