Can we start a thread about all our unanswered food Q's and recipes?

(83 Posts)
fallenempires Thu 02-May-13 13:48:41

I'm hoping that the collective culinary wisdom of MN might solve some of those mysteries!
I'm still searching for a recipe that replicates Nandos spiced rice.
What food q's do you need answering?

Bakingnovice Thu 09-May-13 11:54:36

Re shrinking pastry - when putting in into the dish you have to gently put the pastry in and kind of lift it in to the corners making sure its not taut. It's difficult to explain but basically you make sure it's placed in and not pulled tight. Also try trimming after blind baking and to keep it from lifting use baking beans.

It is the Mumsnet Effect. I have ordered the ricer linked ^ up there just so I can make ice cream spaghetti.

fallenempires Fri 10-May-13 09:21:10

Oh yes the MN effect...it'll be up there with the NittyGritty combgrin
Ankles I think you should submit it as the recipe of the week!

anklebitersmum Fri 10-May-13 10:07:21

grin I'll be on the most wanted list for crimes against diets

fallenempires Fri 10-May-13 23:56:16

behave!grin

sashh Sat 11-May-13 05:34:32

@LaceySherrie1

wipe the bowl and beaters with some lemon juice on a piece of kitchen paper - will get rid of any grease.

Bakingnovice Sun 12-May-13 21:14:32

Can I ask a question about rock buns. I make them a lot, but really like the ones in shops which have a harder consistency. Almost biscuity. Mine are light and fluffy inside, how do I get them to be a but more robust? I make mine using half sr flour and half whole meal bread flour.

fallenempires Mon 13-May-13 17:00:50

Bumping for you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now