broken biscuits what to do with them

(14 Posts)
mamacoffee Tue 30-Apr-13 19:51:38

i have a packet of coconut rings which all broke when the unopened pack fell on the floor, what else can i do with them? i thought a cheesecake but a friend suggested that coconut rings weren't the right type of biscuit for a cheesecake base, is she right and if so is there anything else i can do with them?

superbagpuss Tue 30-Apr-13 19:53:30

I would just eat them, broken biscuits don't have calories smile

HamletsSister Tue 30-Apr-13 19:54:12

Eat them all. When biscuits break, all the calories fall out of them so you can have guilt free snacks for weeks (or in my case, the evening). <unhelpful>

HamletsSister Tue 30-Apr-13 19:54:28

X post!

Melt chocolate, then stir in the broken biscuits and maybe some dried fruit etc. pour into a tin, leave to set and slice.

Topping for ice cream?

Bannoffee pie?

BikeRunSki Tue 30-Apr-13 19:58:04

I was going to say what ^^^ they said. It's true, I did A level Chemistry dontchano.

Fairtrade food has no calories either, and broken fairtrade biscuits actually make you loose weight.

FoundAChopinLizt Tue 30-Apr-13 19:59:36

You can smash them up a bit more, melt some butter and syrup and chocolate or cocoa in the micro, add the bits of cereal at the bottoms of the packets, some dried fruit or nuts, and the smashed biscuits, mix together and put in cake cases or greased tin in fridge to set.

starfishmummy Tue 30-Apr-13 20:12:49

When I was a kid, my Mum would sometimes serve up broken biscuits in custard for pudding when the cupboards were (almost) bare. I loved it and would beg her to do it all the time!!

CMOTDibbler Tue 30-Apr-13 20:15:42

I think coconut rings would make a great cheesecake base

mamacoffee Tue 30-Apr-13 20:20:57

oh some great ideas there, thank you! i shall have to ask 3yo ds which one he fancies :D

oh, and i must remember to choose fairtrade next time and then hope that the they fall on the floor, will do wonders for my postnatal jelly belly :D

Taffeta Tue 30-Apr-13 20:38:02

Yy to choc fridge cake sub digestives for your coconut rings. And send me some please.

FoundAChopinLizt Wed 01-May-13 10:48:27

Taffeta thanks-couldn't think what ny recipe was called!

NinaPatel70 Wed 01-May-13 11:38:52

A nice thick base for cheese cake :D

fallenempires Wed 01-May-13 11:59:12

Cheesecake base sounds lovely or add to rocky road.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now