One salmon fillet - two people!

(12 Posts)
AnonYonimousBird Mon 29-Apr-13 12:29:59

A really nice one person sized salmon fillet. I don't really want to freeze it, how can I make it go across the two of us for dinner?? And DH is a big eater.

Was kind of thinking there must be something with pasta - I also have some lambs lettuce and FABULOUS new season asparagus which I really want to keep mostly "au natrel". There has to be something I can do here, but my head is full of yukky cold goo and I can't think straight, so please help me out!

If I need to pick up one or two ingredients to seal the deal, then fine, I just am not going shopping properly until at least tomorrow afternoon so want to make the most of what I have in the fridge.

TIA

ArthurCucumber Mon 29-Apr-13 12:34:22

Risotto? That would be nice with the asparagus as well, and makes a little bit go a long way.

justaweeone Mon 29-Apr-13 12:35:46

What about wrapping in pastry with a garlic and herb cream cheese and spinach
Serve the asparagus as a starter with a poached egg

BedHanger Mon 29-Apr-13 12:37:15

I would flake it and mix with brown rice, pesto and chopped cherry tomatoes. Served with green salad, it's one of my lazy suppers.

nextphase Mon 29-Apr-13 12:43:44

I had a lovely suggestion, which is going to be made again recently from here.
Cook the salmon, and cook pasta, add some frozen peas for the last min of cooking.
Mix salmon, drained pasta and peas, a dolop of creme fraish and a dolop of pesto. There was also a suggestion of adding some grated, fried courgette. I'm sure the asparagus could with be mixed in or served along side?

Quenelle Mon 29-Apr-13 12:45:18

I would make the risotto, would be delicious with asparagus and a few peas.

MousyMouse Mon 29-Apr-13 12:45:54

stir fry?

Pleaseandthankyou Mon 29-Apr-13 12:48:22

make carbonara with the salmon instead of bacon, delicious

Booboobedoo Mon 29-Apr-13 12:52:38

I would roast a load of veg: onion, garlic, tomato, pepper, courgette, mushroom etc for 25 mins (use olive oil - cook at 200 degrees).

Then pop the fillet on top of the veg skin-side up and put in the oven for another 20 minutes.

When it's all roasted, flake the salmon and mix in some spiced couscous or cooked noodles. Even angel hair pasta would work.

The veg really bulks it up, and it's fantastically delicious.

GeordieCherry Mon 29-Apr-13 12:56:31

Thai style fish cakes?

Tournesol Mon 29-Apr-13 13:14:28

Flaked into pasta with fennel, lemon zest, dill and creme fraiche. Yummy.

AnonYonimousBird Mon 29-Apr-13 13:23:19

Thanks all. Some super ideas here. I can't decide!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now