Your favourite healthy recipes.

(8 Posts)
JamNan Fri 26-Apr-13 11:15:20

Eyptian koshari. Nothing to stop you topping with a poached or fried egg and serve with a green salad.

therumoursaretrue Thu 25-Apr-13 18:25:24

Thank you ladybird. That lentil bolognese is right up my street, lovely!

Will have to try the fruit loaf too. I used to bake a lot but recently I have stopped as its just too tempting not to overindulge; so its nice too have some lower fat recipes.

Drladybird Thu 25-Apr-13 13:08:23

When trying to eat healthy sweets, I like to make this healthy fruit loaf-Very Berry Fruit Loaf which has no added sugar or fat but taste delicious.
For main meals, we eat a lot of lentils or pulses so would have something like Lentil Bolagnese but I also think the idea of a soup with lots of vegetables and some noodles is a good, healthy all in one dinner so go for this Noodle and vegetable soup with egg

therumoursaretrue Wed 24-Apr-13 10:18:34

Whoops..almonds sound lovely I mean!

therumoursaretrue Wed 24-Apr-13 10:17:24

Thanks for the suggestion Emily, ratatouille is something I never really think of but would be great for DS too!

Soulsister I had a banana omelette yesterday! I add some flaxseed and cinnamon which made it a but more 'pancakey' but didn't think to put almond butter on that sounds lovely. I had mine with strawberries.

HeySoulSister Wed 24-Apr-13 10:14:51

I just had a banana omelette!! Surprisingly delicious... Great breakfast idea.

2 eggs whisked with nutmeg. Add a sliced banana and cook in almond butter. Serve with a few whole almonds sprinkled on top

It's a recipe from bootcamp.

Emily28 Wed 24-Apr-13 09:56:49

How about a nice ratatouille?
It's basically mediterranean vegetables chopped up (aubergines, peppers, courgettes, potatoes, onions, etc...) with tomato sauce and cheese on top. All you have to do then is stick it in the oven for 20-30 minutes. If you have some, add black pepper and smoked paprika at the end.
Believe me, it is tasty, healthy, easy and filling! It's a great super side and my kids love it (go easy on the peppers)

therumoursaretrue Wed 24-Apr-13 09:47:47

Interested to know what favourite recipes are when you want to make a special effort to have something healthy? I know healthy means different things to different people but I'm sure that will just provide some variety!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now