NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Freezing lasagna?

(8 Posts)
Yonihadtoask Sun 21-Apr-13 16:08:40

The foil cartons are good.

Assemble and freeze before cooking.

It tastes better than if made, cooked and eaten on the day grin

DorisShutt Sun 21-Apr-13 16:07:33

Oooh - never thought about using the foil versions for the oven.

At this rate I'll be a proper grown up very soon if you ignore the hovel I live in wink

I make mini cottage pies in the foil ones. It's all dd and dp lived on when I was in hospital with ds!

DorisShutt Sun 21-Apr-13 16:01:42

Hmm, sounds doable.

I was thinking about maybe getting a bit foil version, but dividing into Chinese cartons sounds more sensible; and faster for eating.

And actually, I have a huge casserole, so I could make a double load an then divide and freeze half.

Thanks everyone thanks

susiedaisy Sun 21-Apr-13 15:55:08

Yes you can I have been doing this fir years I cut it into individual portions and either pop it in a freezer bag or a plastic container, I try to use it up within around 6 weeks after freezing though otherwise I find it starts to get freezer burnt!

I do.

Sliced (or chopped? confused) into portions in those Chinese containers then I just microwave it

notapizzaeater Sun 21-Apr-13 15:50:51

Yes you can - I freeze it all the time. I use the clear plastic "Chinese/Indian containers" and either microwave in these or put it back ino the original container to oven heat.

DorisShutt Sun 21-Apr-13 15:48:54

Firstly can you?

Secondly, what do you freeze it in? I have a lasagna dish; it's also my fish pie, pasta bake, shepherds pie etc dish - freezing it isn't an option!

I'd love to make a few and freeze them so I can look like a domestic goddess on the days I work wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now