Would you eat chicken cooked on Sunday today?

(11 Posts)

We roasted a chicken on Sunday and the rest has been in our fridge since then. I haven't had time until today to do what I intended with it which is chicken, leek and bacon pie plus making one and freezing it before baking it.

So would you use the chicken today to eat today and would you freeze a pie too? Or is it just too old?

Dittle Fri 19-Apr-13 17:49:12

It's just too old - it should really be only two days you leave chicken for.

racmun Fri 19-Apr-13 17:49:17

No way I'd eat it, I'd only eat it the next day after that it goes on the bin.

NotAnotherPackedLunch Fri 19-Apr-13 17:49:43

No.

BellaVita Fri 19-Apr-13 17:49:50

Bin it.

dairymoo Fri 19-Apr-13 18:17:33

I'd smell it before binning, as food that is harmful often gives you a clue (i.e. it's whiffy!). The FSA states 3-4 days in fridge for cooked poultry but they always err on the side of caution.

Ruffello Fri 19-Apr-13 18:23:40

We're having chicken tonight that was left over from Sunday. It'll be fine - nothing goes to waste in this house!

Ruffello Fri 19-Apr-13 22:12:14

In case anyone was concerned by my reckless consumption of five- day old chicken ... I used it up in a pasta bake and we all lived to tell the tale grin

We got a takeaway instead - lovely curry.

Next question: How long can I keep curry leftovers grin?

jenduck Sat 20-Apr-13 10:04:18

Too late, I see, but our dinner last night was made from chicken roasted on Sunday. As long is it is stored properly, ie covered & in the fridge, and does not smell or look funny, it will be fine I think!

Alternatively, in the future you can freeze cooked chicken & then take it out & use it when needed.

sussexmum38 Sat 20-Apr-13 10:05:16

Without question throw out now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now