your favourite salad dressing please

(14 Posts)
ggirl Wed 10-Apr-13 17:38:58

for tonight so hopeully I'll have the ingredients

am bored with OOil and balsamic

thestringcheesemassacre Wed 10-Apr-13 17:43:21

I sometimes do o oil, finely chopped garlic, vinegar and honey.

titan Wed 10-Apr-13 17:46:39

About 20 percent white wine vinegar, 80 percent extra virgin olive oil, half teaspoon Dijon mustard, a bit of honey, salt and pepper. Put in a jar with a lid and shake really hard. That's the key. And then taste it to see if it needs adjusting.

ggirl Wed 10-Apr-13 17:48:52

ok thnks ..will see if I have white wine vinegar

Ruffello Wed 10-Apr-13 18:06:08

My favourite at the moment is a Japanese style dressing. I tend to make it up as I go - roughly 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar, a tablespoon of light soy sauce, a tablespoon of sugar and a tablespoon of toasted sesame oil. I serve it on deseeded sliced cucumber, but it's good on all Asian style salads.

ggirl Wed 10-Apr-13 18:19:32

ooh japanese one sounds delicious

have made one with honey , dijon,OO,lemon OO,red chilli...aaargh haven't added any vinegar!

tigerlilygrr Fri 12-Apr-13 07:02:10

Honestly my absolute favourite is just japanese rice vinegar on its own (above sounds delicious too though).

ThePavlovianCat Fri 12-Apr-13 07:19:17

Chilli flavoured olive oil and mango balsamic vinegar

tigerlilygrr Fri 12-Apr-13 07:31:38

Ooh yum pavlovian trying that! On top of my rice vinegar I sometimes use a squeezy bottle of balsamic glaze to get the zigzags like chefs do...

sarahandemily Fri 12-Apr-13 07:37:17

Am going to try the Japanese one next time I go shopping. I'm usually quite boring and go for oo, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard and garlic if I can be bothered (pizza express light if I can't )

Taffeta Fri 12-Apr-13 07:38:48

Ex voo, sherry vinegar, little bit of crushed garlic, black pepper and loads of salt. Mmmmm

LeBFG Sat 13-Apr-13 15:05:16

My neighbour does a nice one: whisk mustard and oil till it takes (like mayo) then add red wine vinegar, lemon, salt, pepper to taste and a good splosh of tahini. I do it all the time now.

redmayneslips Sun 14-Apr-13 14:55:36

Bill Granger's dressing - best ever!
2 tablespoons of olive oil (i use mild)
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
salt and black pepper

In a jar - shake like crazy -you will eat it out of the jar!!

I must try that japanese one

Pantah630 Sun 14-Apr-13 15:51:13

I have some lovely rosemary vinegar from Daylesford that's delicious on its own smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now