Spring! Sunshine! What are you cooking?

(8 Posts)
TempusFuckit Wed 10-Apr-13 11:30:15

I'm just doing my weekly meal plan, and I think I've forgotten how to cook anything which doesn't involve starting with onions, carrots and celery then bunging in a slow cooker. Share your toddler-friendly spring recipes please!

dreamingofsun Wed 10-Apr-13 11:44:18

wed - chicken nuggets and pasta
thurs - salmon probably with hairy bikers ginger sauce
fri - something in slow cooker

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 11-Apr-13 16:45:25

Yesterday salmon nuggets with potato wedges
Today homemade burgers
Tomorrow pasta carbonara.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 11-Apr-13 16:55:28

Oh and where's the sunshine? sad

TempusFuckit Fri 12-Apr-13 19:34:14

Good point Julie! It had better be here soon ...

Anyways, here's what I came up with in the end - had the pork meatball spaghetti thing tonight, it was nice but needed salt.

Pea and asparagus risotto
Courgettes, goats cheese and bread
Spaghetti, peas and pork meatballs www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1959660/springtime-spaghetti-and-meatballs
Salmon with minted veg: www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3549/spring-salmon-with-minty-veg
White fish, mash and beans
Chicken thighs with asparagus and new potatoes
Sausage casserole from freezer

curlyLJ Fri 12-Apr-13 21:03:52

Roasted veg salad with feta (or mozarella) sun blush tomatoes and olives - all with a roasted garlic (roast it while the veg are cooking obv) and balsamic dressing...yum!

AnimatedDad Sat 13-Apr-13 10:30:11

Mussels. Honestly. They're cheap, healthy, take 2 mins to cook and they're completely sustainable.

And kids love them - mine do and do do all those who've come on play dates. They just love pulling them out of the shells.

Just serve with crusty bread.

TempusFuckit Sat 13-Apr-13 18:21:47

Ooh, mussels ... DS not keen, but I love them. That'll be on the list next week ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now