NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Quiche with yoghurt?

(9 Posts)
Yonihadtoask Sun 21-Apr-13 15:32:39

I have used Quark in the past - and that was okay.

So, I don't see why not.

DoingTheSwanThing Fri 19-Apr-13 22:40:42

It worked! Did cheese and leek... No recipe though, 5 eggs, few desert spoons of Greek yoghurt (ie the contents of the fridge!) and a glug of milk 'til it looked right. Fabulous! One in the freezer for later.
Thanks all smile

AnimatedDad Mon 08-Apr-13 09:52:52

Let us know how it goes.

JamNan Mon 08-Apr-13 08:54:58

Yes it does work but use full fat yoghurt.

DoingTheSwanThing Mon 08-Apr-13 08:18:47

Thanks. There's a litre of Greek yoghurt in the fridge, I'll give it a go smile

AnimatedDad Mon 08-Apr-13 06:35:06

If you can do it with creme freich, I'm sure you can do it with yoghurt (sounds like a general principle for life)

I'd steer clear of the low-fat basics yoghurt though. I've found it tends to separate in lasagnes and curry.

Greek or thick yogurts probably work best.

RunningAgain Mon 08-Apr-13 00:18:34

Should have said, not tried the yogurt thing though

RunningAgain Mon 08-Apr-13 00:17:40

I make quiche with a mixture of egg, cottage cheese and grated mature cheddar + whatever filling I fancy smile

DoingTheSwanThing Sun 07-Apr-13 23:25:43

Has anyone tried substituting cream for yoghurt in a quiche? Does it work? I've been substituting in a few dishes with no disasters so far but wondering if this might be a step too far. Google flings up lots of recipes but few comments.
Ta smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now