please share your easy popular tasty canape/party food recipes

(13 Posts)
seventieschild Sat 06-Apr-13 17:56:49

for adults... especially ones I can make a day in advance or whip together very quickly on the day!

thanks!

mrspink27 Sat 06-Apr-13 20:37:49

Mini blinis, blob of sour cream/creme fraiche and a little pile of smoked salmon with a sprinkle of chives. Can also do the same with rare roastbeef, cornichons and horseradish.

Mini mozerella balls, sweet mini onions, sun dried tomatoes, olives, torn basil leaves, artichoke hearts on a platter.

Mini jacket potatos cute

Nigella little gem lettuce/thai mince thing bit different

Mini sausages cooked and then when warm mix in a dollop of mango chutney and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with a dipping bowl of mash.

Asparagus spears wrapped in parma ham, can be prepared ahead and kept in fridge, cook and serve hot at last minute.

Bacon sausage and prune rolls here

Chicken skewers with satay dip here

MintyyAeroEgg Sat 06-Apr-13 20:43:09

Make (or buy if you is lazy) shortcrust pastry.

Roll out and cut into circles with a pastry cutter and put into shallow bun tins (such as you might make mince pies in).

Quarter some cherry tomatoes.

Grate some vintage gruyere cheese.

Smear a scant half teaspoon of dijon mustard in the bottom of each tart.

Scatter on some quarterted cherry tomatoes (but do not "fill" the tarts as such, it is more like you are lining the bottom, so probably 3 or 4 quarters will be plenty).

Sprinkle with a generous amount of grated gruyere.

Bake for 15-20 mins til cooked and cheese golden.

Serve lukewarm.

bonzo77 Sat 06-Apr-13 20:55:41

Mini savoury croissants. Cut shop puff pastry into squares. Put something nice in the middle (anchovy, cheese, sun dried tomato, tapenade, pesto). Roll up along the diagonal then curl into croissant shape, brush top with egg or milk. Bake.

Pineapple and cheese on tooth picks.

Taffeta Sun 07-Apr-13 07:32:13

My 2 faves are :
Rare roast beef on tiny bits of sourdough with a Stilton, tarragon and watercress spreading sauce
Mini poppadom crisps filled with a mango chutney cucumber and carrot salsa

Taffeta Sun 07-Apr-13 07:34:45

...in terms of prep, roast your beef the day before, slice it up a few hours before. Make the sauce the day before, so just assembly on the day.
The poppadoms lose their crispness within about an hour with the filling in so you need to assemble at the last minute but can make the salsa the day before.

IceNoSlice Sun 07-Apr-13 07:44:54

Oh my goodness, some great ideas here! Mrspink yours sound particularly delicious! I think I need to have a party as an excuse to make them.

AnimatedDad Sun 07-Apr-13 08:34:40

Real bread sticks?
Make a dough, roll into long thin strips, put a mix of oil, garlic, Parmesan , olives down the middle, then fold over and twist before baking.

You'll never eat brought ones again

mrspink27 Sun 07-Apr-13 14:57:22

I have lots more, but was trying to be brief!!!

plusonemore Sun 07-Apr-13 20:48:00

more more more!!

seventieschild Mon 08-Apr-13 13:10:58

oohhhhh fabulous, I almost forgot I posted this, all brilliant!! THANK YOU! smile

mrspink27 Tue 09-Apr-13 13:38:01

I will post some more later!

FoodieDad Tue 09-Apr-13 15:23:15

Crostini (toasted bread by all accounts) with a bit of ricotta and pear slices and maybe some walnuts. People loved them even though they are just Bruschetta with a different topping.

Some good old fashioned Cheese twists are always a winner, shop bought puff and grate some cheese on cut into strips and twist. You can use up any hard cheese you've got left over. Or some Paprika works instead or with the cheese.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now