How do I cook scrambled eggs for 6 people?

(6 Posts)
NotEnoughJamOnTheBread Mon 25-Mar-13 14:29:58

I've got 20 eggs bedhopper so we're on the same wavelength there! It's just scrambled eggs on toast for a main meal so I thought too much would be better than too little. Thanks for the advice.

Just saw there are 4 children - I read it as a 5 year old and an 11 year old blush Yes, more eggs needed!

wannabeEostregoddess Mon 25-Mar-13 14:16:37

8 between them? Thats just over 1 egg each! For dinner?

If you are serving with something eg sausages then I would do 2 eggs each.

If its just egg with toast 3 each!

megandraper Mon 25-Mar-13 14:15:30

Must admit I would do 12-18 eggs for 6 people! Perhaps I am a bit greedy!

I would do them in a frying pan on the hob with a lot of butter. Get the butter foaming before you start, then turn it down when the egg goes in. Leave it at the beginning, to set a bit, then stir.
Depending on how much you eat, I would do 8 eggs between you.

NotEnoughJamOnTheBread Mon 25-Mar-13 14:11:28

I'm planning on doing scrambled eggs for me, DH and our four kids, aged between 5 and 11. I've only ever cooked them for me and DH before and I'm not sure of the best way to make a larger quantity. Any suggestions? I was planning on doing it on the hob and I'm just assuming it will take a lot longer and a lot more stirring than usual! How many eggs do you think I should use? Any tips gratefully received or it'll be sandwiches for tea tonight!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now