Healthiest drink to give my 6month old DD??

(31 Posts)
mummysbigsmiles Sat 23-Mar-13 22:51:28

Being a mum to a beautiful growing little girl, who I am trying to teach about drinking from a sippy cup, I want the healthiest drink I can give her, sugar & junk free. I have been giving her water to start off with, I know that at some point I would like to introduce a little flavour into drinks. The other day while shopping at my local Asda I picked up some melon chunks with the intentions of putting them through the juicer and then adding the juice to her sippy cup. My DD didn't enjoy it one bit and pulled faces I have never seen her pull...
Can anyone give me any tips on the healthiest drinking option I can give her?

BigGiantCowWithAKnockKnockTail Sat 23-Mar-13 23:21:05

I agree with those saying to stick with water. DD is almost 3 and she only drinks milk or water.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 23-Mar-13 23:41:09

Yeah you don't want to get into the situation of dd will only drink fruit shoots.

LehmanSisters Sat 23-Mar-13 23:47:10

'will only drink fruitshoots' grin

No, that really wouldn't do! Especially if they will also only eat Greggs grin

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 23-Mar-13 23:52:30

No, that really wouldn't do! Especially if they will also only eat Greggs do you know the family too grin

LehmanSisters Sat 23-Mar-13 23:55:46

Jilted Yes, I think I have met them grin

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 23-Mar-13 23:59:06

No wait, I saw the dd eating a happy meal the other day. Perhaps they are trying to vary her diet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now