Bananas - Help !

(5 Posts)
BeaLola Sun 17-Mar-13 14:26:59

I hate bananas but my DH & DS love them. I have a large hand of about 12 at mo but unfortunately the banana eaters are both very poorly.

I think I read somewhere that you can freeze them ? Is this so & what do you do with them when you are ready to use them.

Seems wasteful to throw them away.

TIA

OhMyNoReally Sun 17-Mar-13 14:29:11

I freeze them then thaw them and make banana chocolate loaf.

If you can get hold of coconut cream you can blitz the frozen banana with coconut cream and grated chocolate and make a sort of ice cream (I put a bit of peanut butter into - as it's yummy)

smile

northerngoldilocks Sun 17-Mar-13 14:30:46

Peel them first though

snoworneahva Sun 17-Mar-13 17:03:22

We peel them and break them into inch long chunks, they get used in smoothies, cakes and they make brilliant banana ice cream - no need to add anything, just whizz frozen banana in a food processor - add cream if you have it handy but it's fine without.

UptoapointLordCopper Sun 17-Mar-13 19:25:04

I froze some bananas once, peel and all. When I defrosted it it just disappeared. It was most bizarre. The insides sort of just melted away. Is that normal? I'd make banana cake/pancakes/banana fudge cookies and freeze them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now