NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

What can do with...

(11 Posts)
TheBookofRuth Sun 17-Mar-13 11:08:02

I make pesto with rocket instead of basil. 'Tis nice, and DD likes it too.

Dancergirl Sat 16-Mar-13 11:22:30

Thanks all, some good ideas.

Anyone know how to recreate those sugar snaps you get in Wagamamas?

PolterGoose Sat 16-Mar-13 11:03:34

I use up leftover anything green to make 'green soup'. Fry anonion with garlic, add a chopped potato, random bits of green stuff (the end of those mixed bags of rocket, watercress and spinach are good) add veg or chicken stock to nearly cover, simmer until soft and blitz, check seasoning, I like lots of fresh pepper, add a dollop of double cream. Serve.

I have used various combinations of dark green salad and green veg, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, kohl rabi, peas, spinach, broad beans...

Startail Fri 15-Mar-13 22:53:19

Rocket I'll cover in balsamic dressing and eat.

Mouldy pea pods are fed to DH

snoworneahva Fri 15-Mar-13 22:47:29

I have rocket with cherry toms & a balsamic vinegerette with some Parmesan. Sugar snaps - kids like them raw, I cook the whole packet, it's not huge, just melt some butter over the top, nothing thrilling.

Allalonenow Fri 15-Mar-13 22:28:26

Rocket, stir it into any pasta, soup or risotto, add it to sandwiches (esp hot bacon and avocado) add it to fish pie as you would spinach.
Sugar snaps, use up to bulk out other green veg, or add to soup.

Dancergirl Fri 15-Mar-13 22:27:34

snow really like both but the dc don't so tend to get left.

Blondie1984 Fri 15-Mar-13 22:25:19

Sugar snap peas - dip in houmous, add to stir fries, risotto, pasta

Rocket - add it to sandwiches (prawn and rocket is nice, salads - you can also make rocket pesto

snoworneahva Fri 15-Mar-13 22:18:38

Tempted to suggest you don't buy them and use something else, but perhaps that is not very helpful....why do you buy them?

Rocket goes in the bottom of any bowl of pasta for sneaky exta veg
Sad sugar snap/mange tout in stir fry or Thai green curry.

Dancergirl Fri 15-Mar-13 22:11:03

1. Leftover sugar snap peas (raw, not cooked)?

2. Leftover rocket?

These are 2 things I often end up throwing out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now