Hairy Bikers' Curry

(13 Posts)
fallenempires Fri 15-Mar-13 12:52:37

Was given a copy of this book last week.I made the lamb koftas yesterday and have to report that they were truly delicious!
We have decided to try a different recipe each week.What would you recommend?

dreamingofsun Fri 15-Mar-13 14:44:23

sweet and sour, fish pie, spanish chicken tray bake, chicken with dried things on (cheese and breadcrumbs maybe). everything so far has been good. beef stew.

Meat pies are good, and the spainish chicken.

DH likes the jalfrezi curry (it freezes well as well). I don't like it but cook it for him.

In fact all the recipes we've tried have been good.

madamecake Sat 16-Mar-13 08:05:31

Is this their new curry book? I've got it reserved at the library to go and collect today.
We eat curry at least once at week so hope there are some good recipes!

fallenempires Sat 16-Mar-13 13:38:34

Yes madamecake it is!I haven't chosen next week's recipe yet,have you decided what you're making first?

madamecake Tue 19-Mar-13 07:24:21

I'm making the butter chicken tonight, as it's my favourite takeaway, fingers crossed it tastes as good!

I did the Korma from their Dieters book and it was the worst Korma I've ever made.

getoffthecoffeetable Tue 19-Mar-13 07:31:49

Def agree with whoknows I did the Korma from the dieters book and it was gross, def not worth all the effort.

CMOTDibbler Tue 19-Mar-13 07:59:00

I really like the prawn curry from the diet book - tis really fast and easy but well tasty

fallenempires Tue 19-Mar-13 12:08:09

I've got a copy of the diet book but have yet to make anything from it.blushI'm surprised that the korma was horrid as you can always rely on Si and Dave for tasty foolproof recipes.
What was the butter chicken like madamecake?
I'm contemplating the chicken makhani this week.

I was on a thread a few weeks ago where I was a lone voice in the Korma, lots of posters said they had really liked it.

Artesia Wed 20-Mar-13 13:15:57

The lamb tagine is gorgeous - best one I've ever made. Just go easy on the dried apricots...!

madamecake Wed 20-Mar-13 15:08:13

Well the butter chicken was lovely, not the best I've ever had, but l'll definitely be making it again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now