Easy peasy recipes

(8 Posts)
Lovemy3kids Fri 15-Mar-13 09:24:33

I started this thread www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/1708075-Easy-Peasy-recipes-fancy-contributing yesterday in chat, but thought it might be better placed here too.

Any contributions would be gladly received :-)

Willow36 Fri 15-Mar-13 11:41:04

Egg Fried Rice - boil rice, cook peas. Put some oil in a wok and heat. Drain rice, add to the wok. Crack an egg straight into the wok and stir immediately. Add cooked peas. Fry for a few mins. Et voila. Easy and tasty.

A favourite lunchtime dish is twirly pasta with garlic, chilli and a drizzle of olive oil.

AndMiffyWentToSleep Sat 16-Mar-13 06:15:45

Love, could you make an extra book for me please? It sounds great!
grin

TheDemonShedMaster Sun 17-Mar-13 16:16:28

Am really in love with Baked Eggs right now:

Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan; add 1/2 sliced sliced red onion, 1 clove garlic, 1 tsp ground cumin and 1 tsp ground coriander and a tbsp of tomato paste. Heat for a couple of minutes then chuck in 1 tin of cherry toms, handful of spinach (fresh or frozen) and chopped peppers. Simmer for 15 to 20 mins. Season, then pour into heat proof dish. Make a well (one for each person eating) and crack an egg into. Bake in oven at 180 for 15 mins.

For the non-veggies, add chorizo.

For added decadence, put cheese on top. Feta or goat's cheese are goooooooood....

OrbisNonSufficit Sun 17-Mar-13 17:01:04

Ooh, excellent idea, love the thread(s).

My favourite easy recipe is actually more like a base - sweat some onions, add some garlic, salt and pepper, some chopped bacon or lardons, a splosh of wine vinegar, fry until all more or less cooked then add a can of tomatoes (pref cherry tomatoes, they're sweeter) and some harissa or tabasco for kick. Simmer until it cooks down to a sludgy yummy texture.

Then I add it to all sorts of things - last night I blind baked a sheet of puff pastry and added it to that with some goat's cheese on it. Sometimes I add it to pasta. Sometimes I put it in a casserole dish with some chicken and bake the whole lot in the oven with some quinoa and chicken stock. Sometimes I do baked eggs with it.

We also do tortilla wraps a lot when we want something fast. Fried halloumi/ parsley/ mint/ cucumber/ fresh tomatoes/ lime juice. Pesto chicken with rocket. Bacon and eggs... Almost anything can be put in a wrap I've discovered!

Lovemy3kids Mon 18-Mar-13 15:08:21

AndMiffy.....uhm....no!! grin I am getting writer's cramp doing my own 3 (well 4 if you include my version) copies.

TheDemon - this sounds lovel - will add this one to the book (and might even try it this week for tea) :-)

Orbins - thank you - will add that one too......keep them coming please MNetters :-)

TheDemonShedMaster Mon 18-Mar-13 16:23:57

Lovemy3kids - have you seen this website...? Am working on one myself...

www.memoriesoncloverlane.com/2011/11/my-very-own-cookbook.html

Lovemy3kids Thu 21-Mar-13 13:10:47

Thank you TheDemon......i will read that with interest smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now