Packed lunch ideas (for adults!)

(14 Posts)
BandersnatchCummerbund Tue 12-Mar-13 19:20:23

I'm feeling a bit uninspired. Anyone like to share some lunchbox ideas for packed lunches to take to work? I have access to a Stanley flask, and also to a microwave at work so hot food is a possibility.

Spanish omelette

Cous cous with peppers, onions, mushrooms, feta

Oatcakes, cheese or pot of cream cheese, celery, radishes

Leftovers to heat up - risotto / pasta /curry / casserole / even a baked potato!

Iwantmybed Tue 12-Mar-13 19:30:41

I make panninis then warm up at work. They cost over £4 at the shop.

flutterbynight Tue 12-Mar-13 20:40:01

Do you have a toaster at work? I like toasted pittas (cut into strips) with hummus, could also take carrot sticks etc if you like that sort of thing! Guess it may not be the most filling but it is tasty!

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 13-Mar-13 22:46:38

My sister takes these in to work sometimes and I like these.

Catrin Wed 13-Mar-13 23:50:40

I make lots of soup and store in freezer in tupperware then take one out in the morning.
Agreed to hummous and pitta bread with salady bits
Roasted veg and couscous last a few days in the fridge
Use a toaster bag for toasted sandwiches
Leftovers
Jacket potato if you like somehting a bit more
TOast and...tinned stuff, scrambled egg in micro

BandersnatchCummerbund Wed 13-Mar-13 23:54:17

Liking a lot of these ideas - thanks! Keep them coming if there are more. smile

snoworneahva Thu 14-Mar-13 05:55:15

Make a huge frittata and freeze in slices - it will be defrosted by lunch time. Would do the same for stews and soups, leftovers are a joy that I am taking more and more pleasure in.

I got a giraffe cook book for christmas, so I've been taking really salads this week. Herby chicken, prawn and mango was the last one. I made up the salad dressing Monday and kept it in the fridge, and grilled whatever meat or fish the night before. 3 minutes of chopping veg/fruit and throwing it on top of the meat when I'm fixing DDs breakfast, pour in some dressing and seal the tub. I bus in, so by the time I get to work it's well tossed. grin

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 14-Mar-13 12:27:21

MrsMango. Never heard of a Giraffe cookbook. Surely they are expensive and difficult to get hold of?

Giraffe Family Cookbook I found out about it after reading a thread some time ago reccomending Giraffe fo eating out. Visited their restaurant later, loved it, and found out they had a book.

If you heard a wooshing noise, that was the joke flying over my head blush baby brain smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 15-Mar-13 17:48:36

grin

AryaStarksDancingMaster Fri 15-Mar-13 18:00:22

You can oven-bake several jacket potatos at the weekend and then keep them in the fridge, take a potato and some topping in each day - they reheat in a couple of minutes in the microwave.

Couscous is easy to do at work.

I'm also a big fan of big salads

Soup! I sometimes make a big pot full at the weekend and freeze it in portions to take in to work

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now