NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Sausage making

(3 Posts)
snoworneahva Tue 12-Mar-13 16:34:24

I have finally given in to my yearning to make my own sausages and ordered a mincer from Lakeland - pretty excited about being able to eat sausages as often as we like without the health concerns with preservatives and dubious ingredients...maybe evening make something a little more interesting if the notion takes me.

Wondered if anyone else makes their own and has any hints or tips or recipes.

tb Sat 16-Mar-13 21:28:05

Don't make the mistake of mincing the mix too finely.

It's better to give it 2 goes on a coarse plate rather then on the fine one. The first is to mince the meat, the second pass through the mincer is to mix the seasoning in with the minced meat.

I've tried loads of mixes - some turn out like wallpaper paste, and I'm still looking desperately for an old english seasoning recipe, but haven't found one.

snoworneahva Sat 16-Mar-13 21:48:58

Thanks TB - am still waiting on the skins before I get started. No idea what old English flavour is - will try something fairly plain to begin with - fresh herbs with garlic and onion maybe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now