Mothering Sunday pudding ideas please

(13 Posts)
Bunnygirlie Tue 05-Mar-13 21:54:14

Looking for a pud that can be made the day before, serves 6 people and isn't chocolatey, thanks!

multitask Tue 05-Mar-13 21:56:50

My Mum's favourite is Pavlova, we make it the day before and it only takes a few minutes to add cream and fruit before serving. This Sunday however I'm doing her sticky toffee pudding in slow cooker, it can be done the day before and just make the sauce before serving.

Carolra Tue 05-Mar-13 22:10:55

My step father in law is allergic to chocolate so I should be good at this... Pavlova and sticky toffee pudding are great suggestions, and eton mess if your pavlova falls apart as mine often does.... Lemon posset (dead easy, only 3 ingredients), banoffee pie (can have cocoa on the top), Nigella does an amazing Baileys Tiramisu but that does have cocoa on the top as well... Cheesecake.... Apple crumble.... Treacle tart... I can send you links to recipes for most of these if you want them.... Caramel fondants.... There are probably hundreds more smile

Bunnygirlie Tue 05-Mar-13 22:47:53

Ooh lovely ideas, pavlova is my back up but I wanted to do something different to my usual speciality lol.

I'm not usually a hot sponge pudding kind of gal so maybe something like a treacle tart would be good, do you serve it hold or cold?

Mary berry lemon drizzle tray bake with berries and cream

reallybusymummy Wed 06-Mar-13 18:19:00

Hmm, I have taken to a packet of Just Roll puff pastry, rolling it into a rectangle (it sort of comes that way anyway), slice 3-4 apples (eating) thinly then put them on in rows with a small overlap. Using a pastry brush, brush on apricot jam, then cook in hot oven (I use the roasting oven of an Aga, which is the hottest) for 20 mins or til gently browned. You can make it in advance and re heat for 10 minutes on the day. We serve with Crete fraiche or clotted cream or custard. Best of luck!

dolallymum Wed 06-Mar-13 18:22:57

chocolate mug cake. wink

http://allrecipes.co.uk/m/recipe/7622/5-minute-chocolate-mug-cake.aspx

dolallymum Wed 06-Mar-13 18:24:05

sorry just saw the not chocolatey part after posting. sad

jennimoo Thu 07-Mar-13 06:23:50

Jo Wheatley has a recipe for a raspberry torte which is like a frangipane tart without the pastry. Super easy to make. I think I'm going to make it with some frozen cherries I picked up.

Bunnygirlie Thu 07-Mar-13 08:21:43

Ooh that sounds nice!

This cheesecake is so easy, no real cooking involved and can be made the day before and everyone loves it.

Carol can I have your lemon posset recipe please?!

I'm really boring and can't think of any other ideas other than Eton mess and trifle!

magpieC Thu 07-Mar-13 08:44:20

Raspberry and ginger torte is yummy - I don't generally bother with the raspberry sauce but have some cream or ice cream with it :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now