Show Stopping Dessert that can be easily transported by car and eaten cold?

(35 Posts)
MissWooWoo Mon 04-Mar-13 15:41:32

need to make a dessert for 6 adults for Mother's day, needs to be relatively easy to make and easily transportable by car. There is no facility to heat anything up so must be ok cold.

Any ideas?

caffeinated Mon 04-Mar-13 19:52:02

Miss woohoo I did make it at Christmas with ground rice instead of almonds and it wasn't as yummy. Very calorific but we always slice it in double the portions they say.

MissWooWoo Mon 04-Mar-13 20:01:58

Mwaaaaaahhhaaaaaahhaaaahhhaaa caffeinated halve the portion indeed. In my family we're more likely to double it. However, you've convinced me that without the ground almonds it's not worth it. Phew!

Love the look of this, so cute!

caffeinated Mon 04-Mar-13 20:58:41

That does look yummy! The pineapple practically makes that one healthy!!

steppemum Mon 04-Mar-13 21:08:57

pavlova

take the merengue, take the wipped cream in a bowl, take the fruit (can use frozen summer fruits, or chop up fresh - kiwis are good.

Put it together when you arrive. It looks very lush (take a good knife to cut it with)

mrspink27 Mon 04-Mar-13 21:24:41

Nigella does a lovely Passion Fruit Pavlova.....which is yum and a bit different.

Follyfoot Mon 04-Mar-13 21:28:22

Nigella's cherry chocolate trifle is divine. Its here but if you wanted English measures, I've worked them out for an 8 person version of this...

Bearandcub Mon 04-Mar-13 21:31:10

1.Drive to DM/ MIL's
2. Stop off at supermarket near to destination
3. Buy something
4. Proceed with your journey.

steppemum Mon 04-Mar-13 21:38:53

grin bearandcub

Abra1d Tue 05-Mar-13 07:30:56

'oh my effing god'

Not this expression again!

IME Eton Mess will need to have meringue added before serving, otherwise the meringue will dissolve!

I would probably go for a mousse; dark and milk chocolate with crystallised violet petals on top.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now