Carnivores - if you were at a party which of these would you eat from the buffet?

(36 Posts)
lilibet Wed 27-Feb-13 13:34:07

1. rigatoni and roasted veg

2. chicken basque

3. Gnocchi with rosemary ragu and garlic mushrooms, it's a Simon Rimmer recipe and I can't find a link

thanks

BanjoPlayingTiger Wed 27-Feb-13 13:38:06

Is the answer "Yes" acceptable??

realises why I'll never be a size 12 grin

keely79 Wed 27-Feb-13 13:39:11

2 and 3 - only because I'm not mad keen on peppers or courgettes (and roasted veg and pasta always seems to include them).

dothraki Wed 27-Feb-13 13:54:04

1,2 & 3 - I'm never going to get back into those size 8 jeans grin

Mononoke Wed 27-Feb-13 13:55:24

All 3 for me too.

AmandaPayne Wed 27-Feb-13 13:57:08

I would like to eat all three. I would try and confine myself to choosing one of them those <eyes size 12 skinny jeans that have 'shrunk'>

celebmum Wed 27-Feb-13 13:57:08

2 then 1 then 3. in order of preference.. mainly as im not a fan of mushrooms. not 'muchroom' for them in my life!!grin

<gets coat..blush >

BirdyBedtime Wed 27-Feb-13 13:57:48

All 3 sound good but I'd probably go for 3 as I can't resist garlic mushrooms!

Anything but the chicken - chicken from a buffet is asking for trouble

WowOoo Colombia Wed 27-Feb-13 13:58:44

I'd go for no.3 if I had to choose one.

I regularly overdose on chicken at home so I like to have different things at parties.

throckenholt Wed 27-Feb-13 14:00:14

I would go for number 2. Don't like mushrooms, aubergines, or olives (me? fussy ?).

FiveGoMadInDorset Wed 27-Feb-13 14:00:18

first two would be favourites, would eat third but gnocchi not high on the lik elist.

DeafLeopard Wed 27-Feb-13 14:02:16

All of them

lilibet Wed 27-Feb-13 16:18:55

Well, I'm glad I asked.

Dh and I are veggies and I'm doing these three dishes on a buffet for 40 and I was thinking of how much of each to cook. If i hadn't asked I would have automatically presumed that the chicken would have been easily the most popular.

thanks

AmandaPayne Wed 27-Feb-13 16:20:43

If you don't mind me asking, if you are veggie how come you are doing meat? I certainly wouldn't expect a veggie to cook meat things on my account.

Fillyjonk75 Wed 27-Feb-13 16:23:27

Essentially you're doing pasta and pasta with one and three. I'd make one a fish dish, one meat, and one gnocchi. I'd go for the gnocchi out of the three offered though.

LondonMother Wed 27-Feb-13 16:57:19

I love all food. As an omnivore I like to try a bit of everything. At buffets I think this is fairly common which is why the vegetarians/vegans sometimes get short changed if the caterer has assumed that the omnivores will only eat the stuff with meat and/or fish in it.

I'd have no problem at all attending a buffet with only vegetarian food, lilibet, so as others have said, any particular reason for providing a chicken dish? I wouldn't have through you needed to.

lljkk Netherlands Wed 27-Feb-13 17:00:26

my problem is that when meat is served the portions are often huge but only huge for the meat. I would prefer huge pile of veggie, small starch, small meat. I'd end up preferring 3, too, for fear of too much chicken.

sheeplikessleep Wed 27-Feb-13 17:00:41

I'd like to try all three <cheeky!>

Fillyjonk75 Wed 27-Feb-13 17:01:54

I also wouldn't have a problem attending a buffet which was all vegetarian, but if the host isn't bothered by cooking meat, why restrict yourself unduly?

LIZS Wed 27-Feb-13 17:02:41

all 3

3 then 1 then 2, I love olives to eat but not cooked into things. The pasta is possibly a bit everyday, we eat pasta tomato things at home a lot, the chicken sounds ok but I am a bit tired of chorizo it seems to pop up everywhere and makes a lot of dishes all taste the same. I'd definitely prefer the garlic mushrooms.

Oh yes and I'd have no problem with an all veggie menu too, I often eat veggie in restaurants.

Ragwort Wed 27-Feb-13 17:11:41

All three blush - no wonder I am a size 18 16.

Chicken basque is my all time favourite meal so I would definately have that and then I would like to try the other two as well grin.

3, although I'd be very tempted by 2 but would depend how heavy on the peppers you were.... I can't stand them so they have to be fairly inconspicuous for me to chance it.

i love pasta but hate courgettes so would look wistfully at 1 and give it a wide berth.

Keely.... I'm oddly pleased to have come across another pepper and courgette hater. Most people look at me blankly and say 'But they're cooked in, you won't notice them' hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now