Student Cookbook

(7 Posts)
blue2 Mon 25-Feb-13 11:40:22

I second Sam Sterns books. My 14 yr old DS can follow most of his recipes.

HappyGirlNow Mon 25-Feb-13 11:38:04
HappyGirlNow Mon 25-Feb-13 11:37:42

Here you go grin

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_8?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=student+cookbook&sprefix=Student+%2Caps%2C320

tigerlilygrr Mon 25-Feb-13 11:06:26

Thai green curry for the special meal? List of toast / jacket potato toppings? Sounds like a lovely idea OP.

brightwell Mon 25-Feb-13 06:38:47

Sam Stern books are ideal. Easy to follow.

janji Mon 25-Feb-13 00:15:59

I was bought a cookbook when I went to uni (many moons ago) called 'Grub on a Grant. Was good and used cheap & basic ingredients & skills.

lookoveryourshouldernow Mon 25-Feb-13 00:08:48

Looking for inspiration that I can put together for a very very very very simple recipe book for my son for his birthday...

He is due to leave for Uni in September and able to use a saucepan/microwave and oven - and at a push a frying pan for eggs.. God - that sounds so pathetic doesn't it - but true !!!

His favourite stuff is all the noodles and pre-packed curry/ready meals at the moment ( when he is left to choose his own meals)...

I was thinking things like Spag Bol, Chilli, Wraps, Pancakes, Cottage pie (think Delia Cheats) etc etc and perhaps at the back of this book - one meal for a "special occasion" (???) - but the main criteria is that it needs to be be quick quick quick - who know what he may be missing on Facebook and Twitter whilst trying to cook a meal !!!

Not looking for lots of organic stuff or oodles of ingredients. I think (maybe incorrectly) that students don't think & care that much - they need simple stuff with minimal ingredients to make a meal.

Has anyone any suggestions/ideas that I could include ???

Thank You

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now