Roulade question

(7 Posts)
Abra1d Tue 12-Feb-13 11:20:10

I am making some lemon roulades for a dinner on Thursday night. They will be filled with cream and mascarpone and lemon curd.

Question: can I make the roulade bases in advance and roll them up using clingfilm /greaseproof paper (not the filling, so they don't go soggy) and either freeze them or put them in the fridge?

It would just be very useful if I could bake them a day or two in advance as Thursday is very busy.

Thanks to anyone who can advise. smile

I am really not sure but I dont think I would.

Bump for you. Hope someone can help better.

JamNan Tue 12-Feb-13 15:22:13

I don't see why not. If it cracks when you unroll it just cover it with lashings of cream.

Abra1d Tue 12-Feb-13 15:55:12

Thanks, both!

Abra1d Fri 15-Feb-13 19:59:22

Update: eventually froze two roulade bases. One was fine (loosely rolled up and didn't split), the other split (too tightly rolled and wrapped?). Huge panic on morning of parents' anniversary party! But the split one was glued together with filling and topping and carefully 'architected' when served. Nobody noticed the cracks and not a crumb was left over. Perhaps we'd done a very good job keeping wine glasses topped.

jennimoo Fri 15-Feb-13 20:08:04

For future, my mum makes and freezes her chocolate roulades filled with whipped cream, they work brilliantly.

Abra1d Fri 15-Feb-13 20:56:32

Oh thanks for the tip, jennimoo! Will note, for next time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now