Puddings for an 18 month old

(6 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 15-Feb-13 15:01:19

Mine loved fruit and jelly at that age, sliced banana with custard or homemade milkshake with milk, banana and whatever other fruit we had in. Dd also particularly likes apple crumble.

gastrognome Tue 12-Feb-13 15:37:16

We alternate yoghurt/fromage frais pots and fruit purées (apple, pear, etc.) with occasional ice cream. Boring but nobody ever seems to complain!

AlohaMama Mon 11-Feb-13 20:07:56

Pudding is almost always natural yogurt with fruit/peanut butter/tiny bit of jam added. Otherwise, homemade muffins (carrot, pumpkin etc.), or just fruit. I guess we don't really make puddings as such.

I did a baked rice pudding which went down well for my two with a tiny dab of sugar-free jam. The pot of Ellas rice pudding was completely rejected as I think they thought it would be yoghurt but obviously it had a completley different texture.

Banana cake also a winner.

Jelly with fruit in it (tested during the fruit-refusing weeks).

Am going to do banana custard soon as I get a chance.

and a bloody great load of cheesecake and ice-cream the other weekend when we went out for lunch

samandkat Mon 11-Feb-13 19:13:46

May be shes just full but you could try small yoghurts or some thing similar

Adreamz Mon 11-Feb-13 15:46:35

Any ideas for pudding? My daughter of 18months doesn't seem to want to anything I try xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now