Please help - cook-ahead suggestions for feeding people tomorrow night

(6 Posts)
Curtsey Sun 03-Feb-13 12:32:53

I need to feed 4 tomorrow night. One guest can't eat any onions, garlic, leeks, chillis - any of the strong flavours that I love to cook with! (IBS)
Another person is vegetarian. I'm happy to cook two separate things because the guest with food intolerances would probably prefer a meat or chicken dish.

So any suggestions for a vegetarian dish and a chicken-based dish I could cook in advance? Have no time to cook tomorrow evening so would love to get the legwork done tonight. Thanks so much!

Curtsey Sun 03-Feb-13 12:46:14

Needy bump

Grab a gammon joint and roast it with a mix of balsamic vinegar, honey and Worcester sauce. This can then be carved and served cold or reheated with steamed vegetables and roast potatoes (cheat and use aunt Bessie's wink)

Can't help with the veggie I'm afraid! Perhaps a mushroom
Risotto? They reheat quite well.

Curtsey Sun 03-Feb-13 12:53:07

Ok great I'd never have thought of gammon! Good suggestion, thanks so much flowers

Any more? Fish would be fine either. For the vegetarian option anything besides mushrooms would work (he hates them!)

HearMyRoar Sun 03-Feb-13 12:58:23

I'm doing a quiche for tomorrow night dinner as I will be working late. It would be just as easy to do 2 as 1 should think so you could have one meat and one veggie.

Though when I mentioned to someone at work once I was having a quiche fr dinner they looked at me like I was quite mad and informed me that a quiche was OK for lunch they supposed. So guess it might not be everyone's cuppa grin

You could also make pizza in advance. Really simple then to do different toppings to suit.

Curtsey Sun 03-Feb-13 13:10:37

Oh I'd be fine with serving quiche...right, got to think about a shopping list now. Thanks folks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now