recommend me a BBQ sauce please

(14 Posts)
CuriousMama Thu 31-Jan-13 00:25:36

Good luck. It really is a question of bunging it all in. We even have minced garlic now blush

Oh your one sounds lovely. And I have all the ingredients except the alcohol and garlic!

Thanks!

CuriousMama Thu 31-Jan-13 00:09:20

Yes you can do it separate. Just simmer any sauce in a pan instead. Once you have the ingredients in you can make it anytime, for any meat.

CuriousMama Thu 31-Jan-13 00:08:16

One I do. 5 tablespoons dry cider or wine, 5 tbs soy sauce, 1 heaped tbs tomato puree, 1 heaped teaspoon ground ginger, 1 heaped teaspoon dry mustard powder, 1 big garlic clove crushed, 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar, paprika and chilli to taste. Either coat and cook on meat or simmer for few minutes until thickened. You can add less sugar or whatever. Even lime juice.

Do you think it would still be nice if I made it separate to the pork? I do it in the slowcooker and theres too much liquid at the end, it would water any sauce right down.

The jack daniels ones look good too.

CuriousMama Wed 30-Jan-13 23:58:15

Actually just googled and this one looks lovely. Here. You can alter ingredients to taste. The one I do has soy sauce in it but this sounds nicer for pork tbh?

That would be great thanks smile

CuriousMama Wed 30-Jan-13 23:55:39

yes it's so easy once you have all the ingredients, can be made up in minutes. Plus you can add paprika, chilli or whatever you fancy. I'll go and find the one I use and post it. I just throw stuff in but probably best to measure until you get used to it.

Do you have a recipe CuriousMama? I did have a look but never done it before.

CuriousMama Wed 30-Jan-13 23:49:39

The Jack Daniels one's supposed to be nice here.

CuriousMama Wed 30-Jan-13 23:47:59

Have you tried making your own? It's really easy.

Dont have waitrose, I am in NI sad

MiniEggsinJanuary Wed 30-Jan-13 23:35:34

Probably a bit spicy for pulled pork but the best one I've tasted is Whoop Ass! Dsis brings it over from the States for us! It's delicious! Waitrose do a great pulled pork joint which had a nice sauce included. It's great value too - I think only about £3! Only feeds two adults though.

We make pulled pork now and again. But I cannot find a nice BBQ sauce.

I want one thats not very sweet, quite smoky with a bit of spice.

We have tried a nandos one and one other I cant remember, but none jump out at me in the shop.

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now